*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] My Next Manager for your Nest® products: migrated to custom capabilities (home/away, motion, presence, and more)!

Hello,
So everything has been working 100% until about a week ago when I was migrated to the new SmartThings app. That all went fine, however it appears the Thermstat has stopped now reporting now In the IDE it says its online, but I get no longer any status updates when in use and in the logs all I see is Java Language Exceptions over and over. I suspect that now I have removed the classic app this will not work correctly in the new app? Or something else has happened?

I did go in and redo my Authentication settings and such just in case but didn’t help

Hi, everything works fine in the new Samsung connect app.

You’ve probably lost your auth tokens, and need to extract the login info again.

Don’t forget that you still need to keep the ST classic mobile app for creating the Nest devices under ST. You can still run both mobile apps (ST Classic & Samsung connect app) in parallel. The migration was only about routines and other automations, nothing more.

Without the exception logs, that’s all I can say at this point. BTW, you can send
them to services@maisonsecomatiq.com if any.

Please refer to the ST community wiki for extracting the login info. There are even some screenshots for your guidance.

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#Issue_.2314:_My_Next_devices_are_not_updating_or_my_auth_tokens_are_lost

Regards.

Thanks for the reply, Yeah I have done the Auth tokens things several times and it says online and that’s about it.

Thanks for responding, I decided to remove it and go with another option that just works every time.

Thanks again for your help, cool product but the nuances can drive you mad! lol

Well, it’s been working fine under the new Samsung connect app for many Nest users and for quite a while now.

Without logs, I cannot tell you what’s wrong with your ST account.

Good luck.

Hi - I worked through the login process (I copied the cookie onto Notepad and divided it into 6 equally long strings, each on its own line – I couldn’t just use the semi-colons as there werent enough of them dividing up the string).

Now I can get further into the smartapp screens, but the smartapp is not finding any of my thermostats or any other Nest devices. I tried completely reseting one of the thermostats, but still no luck. Would I get this far if my login was still somehow wrong (man, is that a rough process!)?

That happened to me when I didn’t use incognito mode on chrome to go through the process

Hi, as I wrote in this thread before, you have to be careful about the cookie.

If you don’t get it right, the smartapp will not be able to find your devices and there will be errors under live logging in the IDE.

Regards

Seems like a lot of us are having trouble getting the cookie over. Sorry, but I thought I was relatively tech functional. I have tried it multiple times. And I mean multiple. I copy it to Notepad, then I carefully divide it up into 6 lines. I then CAREFULLY copy the lines into the IDE. Everytime I then go through the SmartApp, it tells me it found 0 devices. Would LOVE to know what I am doing wrong.

Very easy to know if your cookie is wrong.

If you have the following error message in live logging at the IDE:

It’s because you’re not extracting the right cookie or you’re splitting it incorrectly or some parts are missing.

P. S. BTW, many users like @linkwellfook in this thread solved their issue by following my instructions at the ST community wiki.

Regards

Ok, so so am not getting that error. I am just getting a message in the app saying that it found 0 devices. I have several TStats and protects. Not finding any of them.

To be clear, I have also carefully followed the instructions.

The account for the Nest has to be the primary account that is the owner of the devices.

Without the logs from the IDE under live logging , I cannot tell you what’s wrong under your ST account.

If any, send them to services@maisonsecomatiq.com.

Regards

EDITS:

1. I see that the last poster seems to be having the exact same problem. Let me try to pull some logs.
  2. OK, interesting! I see getChildDevices(false), children=2 logged as DEBUG for both pages screenshotted below! (I could have sworn it said children=0 the first time around, but I didn’t save the logs from my initial setup.)
  3. Reproduced the same issue in both SmartThings Classic and the new app. Emailed logs to services@maisonsecomatiq.com. Thanks!

@yvesracine Thank you for releasing this! I currently have 2 Nest thermostats, 2 temperature sensors, and a Nest Hello that I would like to integrate into SmartThings. I just bought your bundle and went through the setup process. For some reason, your app found both temperature sensors but neither of the thermostats.

Screenshots:

Has anyone else experienced this, and does anyone know a solution?

Thanks,
Ming

Hi, for some Nest tstats that don’t show up in MyNextManagerV2, you’d need to do the following (as indicated in the ST community wiki under troubleshooting) :

P. S. As indicated in this thread (see 1st post) and at my store, only the Nest tstats, sensors and Protects can be exposed. No cams as Nest has forbidden any new access from SmartThings (http error 403).

Regards

1 Like

Yves newest reply is what worked for me a few months ago when I upgraded to V3 thermostat from V2. I also could only see sensors and not my Tstat. His answer solved my issues and has been working great since.

2 Likes

That worked! Thank you, and apologies for not reading that before posting.

1 Like

honestly not sure how I meant to like this thread. Sorry but here is a like :slight_smile:

1 Like

While trying to fix my authentication I removed the app. Now when I try to install it after I tap Next it goes to a blank screen with a Done button. It doesn’t show all the options anymore. When I click Done it says “error saving unnamed page”. Anyone know how to fix this?

Hi,

If you remove the app, you need to redo almost all the installation steps (using the ST classic mobile app): enabling oAuth in the smartapp, extracting the cookie again, etc.

Please refer to the Readme at my github and the screenshots at the ST community wiki:

Regards

Thanks. Is version 2.6.6 the latest still? I went to my email for the download link and it’s the same version.