*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] My Next Manager for your Nest® products: migrated to custom capabilities (home/away, motion, presence, and more)!

Hi, you need to be careful about the cookie. You have to split the whole cookie correctly. Use notepad to split the whole cookie into different lines of similar length. You have to make sure that the whole cookie is copied over, otherwise, it won’t work and you’ll get this error message (as Nest doesn’t recognize your cookie).

As soon as the whole cookie is correctly split (you can use the ‘;’ delimiter whenever possible), it will work.

That was the problem with @au7342, it is now working:

Regards.

Hi
Did that. The cookie string length was 5109 so I divided by 6 to get the correct split.

I’ll try it again.

Make sure to get the right cookie by carefully reviewing my instructions set, if you don’t have the right cookie (usually starts with SMSV or SID, or OCAK), it won’t work either.

There are some screenshots to guide you in the process at the ST community wiki.
Regards.

I’m sorry if this is something you have covered before Yves.

Are there any plans to bring cameras in? I have no interest in having them stream. It’s more being able to to turn them on and off with scenes. I guess using them as a presence sensor too, but that’s entirely secondary.

Thank you sir! $30 worth, every day of the week!

1 Like

Hi,

1 Like

Hi,

Got Nest Thermostat working in the end. Needed to play with the length of the strings for each section.

1 Like

Hi,

For all Nest users regardless if you have a Nest or Google account, my code can expose all your Nest Tstats, Protects, and Sensors under your Nest primary account (except the ones from a partner program such as with an utility).

And, if you have lost your auth tokens from Nest and/or migrated to a Google Account, and your ST-Nest integration is not working anymore, then the new versions of MyNextManager(V2.6.6), MyNextTstatV2 (v2.4.4), MyNextAlarmV2 (v2.4.4) and MyNextSensorV2 (v2.1.7) may be for you.

The Nest protects and Nest Tstats can now detect motion. If you want to use that feature, I’d recommend changing the polling interval to 1 minute in MyNextManagerV2 for faster updates.
For the Nest Tstat, you’d need to activate motion detection. Make sure you have the latest firmware version for all your devices.

You can also use the motion capability in your WebCore scenarios.

You can now download the new major version at my store:
www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

If you are already a contributor, you just need to use the original sellfy download link to get the new minor versions. The zip file contains all the required files for update and some release notes.

• MyNextManagerV2.6.6: minor change to avoid null values in cookie
  • MyNextTstatV2.4.4: corrected setThermostatMode() and home() methods to revert in all cases from eco mode, and corrected setHold() method for auto mode.
  • MyNextAlarmV2.4.4: corrected away() and present() methods to properly set the Nest structure
  • MyNextSensorV2.1.7: corrected units for display in new Samsung connect app

_MyNextManagerV2 (service manager for My Next devices) now uses the Nest Web APis (not the “official” APIs as they have ended since August 31, 2019). The Web APIs don’t have the strict rate limiting as the old APIs and they are as responsive as the native Nest application.

_ MyNextTstatV2 now natively supports the following commands:

• setHotWaterBoost: in the device UI and as a command for WebCore users. This is useful for Nest users in Europe.
  • setTargetHumidity: to set a target humidity level (for the control of your humidifier/dehumidifier connected to Nest)

For the full list of attributes, capabilities & commands supported,refer to the ST community wiki:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Tstat

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Alarm

MyNestTstatP1

FYI, there are also some complimentary smartapps at my github:
https://github.com/yracine/device-type-myNext/tree/master/smartapps

Regards.

I just bought your integration for Nest and it works great. I was finally able to add my Nest to smartthings! Thank you for your great contribution!

1 Like

Yves. I really want to thank you for your hard work. I now have my new thermostat and sensor connected to smartthings. I would also like to thank you for helping get the new v3 Nest Thermostat up and running!

1 Like

Thanks @yvesracine for creating this. I was able to create the device handler for the Nest Protect but I am unable to create the Smartapp. Can you let me know which file I use to copy the code into the IDE?

For motion detection, I set up a Webcore script to track and notify me of changes to Motion on my thermostats and protects.

What I am noticing is that when Motion is “active” this means no motion has been detected. If Motion is “inactive”, this means motion was seen.

Anyone else seeing this?

Hi, I’ve already responded to your email. You have to follow all the installation steps in the readme. Each step identifies the file to be used.

Hi, this issue was corrected in v2.4.5 of MyNextTstat and MyNextAlarm (for protects).

Regards.

Hi,

For all Nest users regardless if you have a Nest or Google account, my code can expose all your Nest Tstats, Protects, and Sensors under your Nest primary account (except the ones from a partner program such as with an utility).

And, if you have lost your auth tokens from Nest and/or migrated to a Google Account, and your ST-Nest integration is not working anymore, then the new versions of MyNextManager(V2.6.6), MyNextTstatV2 (v2.4.5), MyNextAlarmV2 (v2.4.5) and MyNextSensorV2 (v2.1.7) may be for you.

The Nest protects and Nest Tstats can now detect motion. If you want to use that feature, I’d recommend changing the polling interval to 1 minute in MyNextManagerV2 for faster updates.
For the Nest Tstat, you’d need to activate motion detection. Make sure you have the latest firmware version for all your devices.

You can also use the motion capability in your WebCore scenarios.

You can now download the new major version at my store:
www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

If you are already a contributor, you just need to use the original sellfy download link to get the new minor versions. The zip file contains all the required files for update and some release notes.

• MyNextManagerV2.6.6: minor change to avoid null values in cookie
  • MyNextTstatV2.4.5: corrected inverted active/inactive motion detection.
  • MyNextAlarmV2.4.5: corrected inverted active/inactive motion detection.
  • MyNextSensorV2.1.7: corrected units for display in new Samsung connect app

_MyNextManagerV2 (service manager for My Next devices) now uses the Nest Web APis (not the “official” APIs as they have ended since August 31, 2019). The Web APIs don’t have the strict rate limiting as the old APIs and they are as responsive as the native Nest application.

_ MyNextTstatV2 now natively supports the following commands:

• setHotWaterBoost: in the device UI and as a command for WebCore users. This is useful for Nest users in Europe.
  • setTargetHumidity: to set a target humidity level (for the control of your humidifier/dehumidifier connected to Nest)

For the full list of attributes, capabilities & commands supported,refer to the ST community wiki:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Tstat

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Alarm

MyNestTstatP1

FYI, with your contribution, there are also some complimentary smartapps at my github:
https://github.com/yracine/device-type-myNext/tree/master/smartapps

Regards.

Thank you! This is what did it for me. If you split randomly then it don’t work.

Thanks @yvesracine. I found it in my junkmail folder. Was able to finally get it working. Very nice work. It’s amazing how a big company like google couldn’t get their act together.

1 Like

@superryo thank you for your feedback, it’s appreciated.

It took me a lot of time and efforts to make the code work properly, and I’m glad of the results.

Enjoy.

Protect and nest temp sensor show up but not the thermostat. It is a new 3rd gen. If i set up my old 2nd gen it will show up and ideas?

Hi,

Please follow the steps described at the ST community wiki. This is not related to my code,
but the way your tstat is linked to your Nest account.

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#Issue_.2315:_My_Nest_Tstat_doesn.27t_show_up_in_MyNextManagerV2.27s_list_of_devices

Regards.

Issue# 15 was not on the list when i downloaded the code. Thank you it is all working now.

1 Like