OK - I am a geek, have been for 30 years. But the current state of SmartThings How-To’s, Easy Setup, Useable App UI, etc is NOT (in my humble opinion) ready for the masses. Without that approach, another company WILL disrupt the environment and take the lead - which after investing in SmartThings - I would rather not see happen.
My view of what is needed:
- Simple wizards to upload/install/delete smartapps from the many creative folks out there.
- Ability to change pictures for ALL items installed, AND name them (ie Back Door, etc). App is still VERY clumsy - I have to go into preferences to see which sensor I am dealing with (am I missing something???)
- Easy workflow for ‘One Button’ configuration - ie ability to connect sequences of events without having to think about it. This has been work for me to figure this out. Average Joe is NOT going to do what is required today
- Defining sequence of events by user
- Newbie and HowTo Stickies in the Forum. This is 2014. Seriously?
Just my 2 cents.