So am I new to HA in General having messed with X10 quite some time ago. I am wanting to get back in to this but it seems things have come quite a long way for some things, and have stayed static for others. Here are some of the things I am trying to accomplish and I wanted to know if this was possible to do with ST:
(1) I want my Sonos system to be able to play a specific greeting when someone arrives. The greeting would be specific to whoever is arriving. I would want the greeting to occur when the door opened, not when the car pulls up to the drive – and I wouldn’t want the greeting to occur everytime the door opened, just when the person was back after being away.
(2) I saw a video from CES that was pretty interesting and integrated with the Jawbone UP24. Is what was shown in the video available today or is it still in development?
(3) I would like my Sonos to play weather information and switch on a specific station at a certain time of day and only on certain days. Is it possible to configure this?
(4) I have several switches that handle multiple loads. For example, I have a double gang in one room with two switches each (four local loads controlled). To further complicate things, I have another switch that has (3) local loads. One is for light, one is for an exhaust fan, and the other is for a heater/blower. I would like ST to turn on the heater/blower at a certain time in the morning if the outside temperature is below a certain threshold. Can ST do this? Are there even switches available that can control 2-3 local loads? If not, how would I go about this (other than changing a single gang to a triple gang – which is not an option).
(5) I have several Hampton Bay and Hunter remote controlled ceiling fans. Is there any way to get these into SmartThings for control?
(6) Is there a way for SmartThings to turn off certain lights if there is no one home for X period of time?
(7) Is there a way for SmartThings to turn ON certain lights, at random intervals, if no one is home for X period of time (think random vacation light schedule).
(8) I currently have a light switch in the kitchen with a motion detector. It flips on when you walk in a room and turns itself off after X minutes of inactivity. It’s also smart enough to not turn on if there is enough light. Are there any ST-supported switches that have this functionality?
These are just some of the things I would like to accomplish. Any suggestions/input would be greatly appreciated.