New SmartThings Schema Integration for Arlo

Hopefully the SmartThings/Arlo techs are still watching this thread.

I noticed that when the STHM is setup to record the Arlo cameras in it’s response section, the cameras only record a few seconds. When I setup and Arlo to record in an Automation, it’s doing what @shravan advised and records 1 minute. Why the difference?

I don’t see that option in STHM Set Response Section, I only see siren, Sound Sirens and Turn on Lights, Play Audio Notifications. What am I missing?

In the STHM Set Response section, I have an option for ‘Record Video’ which lists my Arlo Pro 2’s, an Arlo Q+, and a SmartThings camera.

I don’t see that option.

Like I said, they will show up as devices in the Smart Lighting app so you can use that. Based off another switch/whatever. I have mine configured based on Mode changes which sounds like what you need also.

1 Like

Yes, I did use the Smart Lighting app instead and it works, thanks. I wish there was a way to force execute the app because sometimes the “conditions” used do not trigger execition (especially the ones triggering off the presence sensors).

I have also been getting inconsistent errors lately by editing the Smart Lighting app, sometimes I just can’t make changes.

Best! H

Can you use a simulated switch that turns on via automation or somewhere else and then Smart Lighting uses that? FYI… presence sensors were a major problem with the new app and I too was experiencing them back in the summer when I was migrated to the new app. It has been getting better for me but still not 100%. I haven’t checked the threads here for the latest stance on that.

I would say, over the last 6 years, Smart Lighting has been the most consistent app for me. I don’t think I’ve ever had issues with it. But maybe mine aren’t too complex. I have like 5 automations at one location and 8 at another.

I know your post is a little old now, but I wanted to mention that the siren shows up as a device I can trigger in both automations and STHM. Hopefully it works for you too.

I’m also hoping the Audio doorbell will be supported and the button press can trigger an automation!

When you say “Armed” state, that doesn’t mean Arlo has to be in the Armed mode, right? Can it be in a custom mode where the camera is set to record on motion?

I have it in a custom mode with recordings and no notifications when I’m home., Armed mode w/ notifications when I’m away. STHM also triggers the 1 min recordings if it’s armed and there’s an intrusion. Everything seems to be working fine, but I wonder if I have it set up the way it’s intended to be.

Thanks!

Hello,

I am trying to get 3 Arlo pro 2 cameras working after the new migration. I have tried everything I can think of. Deleted both apps, restarted hubs, removed cameras and reinstalled. Checked to see if there are any devices in the online account…

The Arlo Account will link fine but no cameras ever show up to pick.

The cameras are unarmed in the Arlo App.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! The cameras were working fine with ST before this change.

So I take it there is no fix if my cameras aren’t showing up?

Did you check the very bottom of the home page of the ST app where roofless devices end up? Could also Try clearing the app cache.

1 Like

Also - make sure they are named something new/unique in the Arlo app. If they are the default names (serial number) then I don’t think it works quite right.

1 Like

Yay!! The original Audio doorbell (AAD1001) has appeared since a few hours ago in the hub:

Note: Need to test the battery indicator, as I realized it joined the hub just as the battery was about to go out, But I know the events are there:

I wonder if it had something to do with the base station going a bit crazy and requiring a restart yesterday.

Thanks for not forgetting about the audio doorbell! Now I only hope/need the standalone chime to be added and I’ll feel complete :smiley:

I also noticed this, very interesting.

But I have some issues:

Motion does not go back to “no motion”

Can’t get the button to work

No battery report

I remember shortly after being migrated to this new Schema last year that I had to unplug the power cord on my Arlo 4000 base station for about 30-60 seconds and then plugged it back in to stabilize everything.

You mentioned that you ‘restarted’ the Arlo base station, but have you power cycled the base station? If you haven’t, give it a shot.

Nice!

Hopefully the other schema migrations for ring, caseta, ecobee, etc. follow this model. Very good communication from both ST and manufacturer staff, iterative enhancements within the first few months and support for the full portfolio of devices. Well done to both SmartThings and Arlo. :100:

1 Like

Hi
My free Arlo subscription is over and I am now looking to use the local record option via USB connected to Arlo base station. However this only works when recorded via Arlo app. When I set a trigger in ST app to record, it doesn’t record anymore.

Is this a known limitation ? Is recording via ST only with Arlo subscription?

@Chares Can you get the integration for the audio doorbell to work? It looks very promissing but does not work very well yet.

For me motion detection is instant, but it does not reset the motion until the poll that happens every 6 hours. Also have not had any events from the button or battery