New SmartThings Schema Integration for Arlo

I used to see my siren as a separate device that I could add to other automations. Now it does not show up in Smartthings. I can only see the base station (and the siren control within it) and the cameras.

The fix for all Arlo products

1. unhook base
  2. take down cameras
  3. open trash lid
  4. dispose of the junk

I have had arlo cams since summer of 2017, SmartThings since 2016. Arlo has the same problems now that they had 4 years ago. There’s an issue, arlo fixes it, then 2 months later its back, they fix it, 4 months later it’s back, they fix, 3 months later it’s back, etc
 over and over. I’ve had the same half dozen issues over and over and over the past 3-1/2 years. They fix it, it comes back eventually, usually when firmware updates roll out. I was even an arlo beta tester to try and help them fix their product, but it was so disorganized it was a joke and I eventually bailed. Just move on to another product and don’t look back. I went POE, but still have the arlo cams inside the house just to live view my pets.

And with ST going down every other day lately
 that certainly doesn’t help.

That said
 if you really want your arlo cams
 delete the linked service in the smartthings app and then add it back, should fix most of the integration issues, but it won’t fix the arlo issues on arlo’s side.

2 Likes

The Video Doorbel now shows On/Off state, but still does not detect any button press state. The On/Off button state for the Video Doorbell actually does not turn the camera off and on!

Still doesn’t allow it in automations.

I am missing the ability is ST automation to turn them on and off at all now.

Any news on audio doorbell integration?

1 Like

Any news about the video doorbell having a button capability??

1 Like

Any news on fixing the current problems with the smartthings platform as a whole and the arlo integration? This morning the integration was not linked anymore, had to tap it and sign back in for it to work. And of course if you’ve signed up for the smartthings system status emails you know ST has been down at some point everyday this past week at least once if not more. In this month alone
 must be 15 days ST was down at least once during the day. Arlo the same thing
 constant problems with motion detection and recording. (I use arlo system for motion and recording, not ST)

BTW - I also have LIFX linked in ST and it works 100% of the time, NEVER had an issue with that integration.

Fix your current problems, then go back to adding new features. It’s just common sense.

In Automations and Scenes for the Arlo camera’s settings, there is a toggle feature for ‘Refresh’. I’m wandering what exactly this ‘Refresh’ option does.

If I had to guess, higher in this thread @shravan advised there was a default 6 hour camera state refresh. Could this ‘Refresh’ option be used as an On Demand request to refresh the camera(s) state instead of waiting for the default 6 hour timeframe?

Update:
All that it logged in the IDE was, ‘Event Check Disabled’ when I ran this ‘Refresh’ option. Hummmmm

How do I tell if I have the new scheme or legacy still?

I just installed an Arlo video doorbell (essential), and have had an Arlo camera installed (w/ST integration) for >1yr. Just came across this thread so I had to ask. (The doorbell paired to ST as a camera device, not doorbell - Arlo wasn’t listed in the short list of known vendors on that page.)

Easy, Nobody has the legacy integration anymore.

With the 1/26/21 update to the Samsung TV Smartthings app, my Arlo’s are now correctly showing live feeds in the TV app (2019 Q80R) Thanks for fixing it
now about those scenes and automatons
OK different thread
seriously though, thanks!

Yes, it doesn’t register as a doorbell and therefore we are unable to use the button press as a trigger. I am waiting for this integration too! For now using Google Assistant to tell if someone is at door, but that is just limited to the assistant speaking once, cannot customise it at all.

1 Like

How has the work on Arlo & smartthings intergrations going? If ring does not get their act together I am hoping we the users have alternatives.

Hey @shravan and @arlo_eng,

can we make sure that the siren base stations keep the consistency with the smartthings UI?

They always shows as “on” in the UI (orange siren icon, so its a bit misleading compared to other sirens like zigbee or z-wave), and it doesn’t have the “switch” capability, which means it cannot be turned off and on to quickly turn them off/on when needed (turn off when STHM is slow, turn on/off on automation, etc.), it only has its mode change (siren/strobe/off)

hi
The Arlo video doorbell since it has a video component to it is shown as the video camera. The chime event is going to be released soon. we are in the testing phase of this feature now. The date is not fixed for the release of the chime event sent to ST but we shall communicate that soon here as soon we complete the tests.
currently , yes the button press automations will not work.
once this feature is released, a user can setup up an automation like if Arlo ultra > chime button = “pressed” THEN “play a tune on sonos/bose speaker” (just an example)

3 Likes

Is there going to be a chime event for the audio doorbell?

Thanks a ton for the update @shravan . Happy to be a tester if you need real life scenarios.

Is there any support for original Arlo cameras (VMC3030)? They are not even listed in the chart above. If you try to add them to scenes or automations it only gives you a record option (which does not appear to work); not even on/off like the old integration did. You can turn them on/off via Smart Lighting.

1 Like

Interesting, just noticed in my Automations, SmartApps and Scenes that I too can no longer turn those devices On/Off. I can do that manually though. Is this a bug or a new “marketing feature”?

So much for automating the camera’s to turn off after arriving home. Now I will have to research new ways to automatically control these devices?