New integration: Stringify (iOS only) UPDATE: Now in beta on Android!

That’s good… I have a buddy at work who is a Wink advocate and he and I are always comparing notes. I sent him the info about Stringify and he was bummed that Wink wasn’t supported. On my front I now have my Alexa tied in and am working on some flows that I wish I could have done with IFTTT. More to come.

By the way, if you want to explore doing something cool with cars, let me know. My day job is working at Ford so I can hook you up to our team in Palo Alto and they would love to kick around a few ideas. Tesla isn’t the only car company that can do innovative stuff…

Has there been any progress on a UK version ?

@kewashi Would love to see what we could do with Ford. Go ahead and email me at kris@stringify.com
@xAPPO Our SmartApp should work for UK SmartThings users and the next version of Stringify will be in the UK App Store. Targeting a few weeks.

1 Like

Android version, please. Our family doesn’t do iOS…otherwise, definitely interested in the concept!

@Raeven It’s in development… few months away.

That’s brilliant! Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to me! I’ll eagerly look for its release!

Been playing with Stringify for a few weeks now. Enjoying the ability to build more complex flows. Questions:

1- Is there any user guide or help file? Creating AND versus OR connections; Removing a connection; examples…

2- Any update on Android availability?

3- How to refresh the “things” imported from SmartThings, as I add new things?

Hi @Jdkidd34,

In short, if there are two ‘strings’ going into an action, it’s an OR.

If two things connect via a yellow ‘link’ before touching the action, it’s an AND. AND conditions consist of one WHEN trigger and an unlimited amount of ONLY IF triggers.

Here are two good resources for you:
Stringify Flow Basics: https://www.stringify.com/how-to/stringify-flow-basics/
Stringify Flow Building Cheat-Sheet: https://goo.gl/q5lHdm

1. We hope to start an official Android beta in the next 4-6 weeks - sign up by putting yourself on the mailing list @ https://strngfy.com/android

2. Click on your SmartThings Hub in the Things section of our app, then on the gear in the upper left corner, then re-connect. Re-authorize and select your new things and we’ll bring them in.

-Kris

1 Like

Kris, thanks for the prompt response, and the great information. I’ve read
through the resources you referenced but I still do not see how you can
UNDO a connection. For example, I connect a motion trigger to a light bulb
action. But then change my mind about what I want the flow to do. How do I
undo the connection I just created? I realize that I can remove or replace
either the trigger or action item, but is there no way to just delete the
"quick link" connection?

You are correct, there is no way to undo today. Our mobile team is working on getting Android out the door, then they can start adding features such as this to both platforms.
-Kris

1 Like

We are looking for more people to join our Android beta program. If you are interested, join the announce-only list here:
https://strngfy.com/android
…and then expect an email from us in a few weeks.

Good to see this out , I’ve been anxiously awaiting. Ill head now

Kris,

My request to join the group was just approved, however it says I have no permissions to view topics and for some odd reason I can’t change the email preferences. Do you have any ideas on what I can do to fix it?

Installed, but ST permissions failed.

I have the same issue. I’m in the group but not access to view anything, when will the beta begin?

The list is announce-only/blank right now… We’ll be reaching out to people very soon… perhaps as soon as this week.

1 Like

The android version is now out - I’m curious if anyone has compared this to CORE?

1 Like

Just installed the Android beta version this morning. Looking forward to making some flows tonight and comparing to CoRE.

Would love people to compare! In short,

Stringify offers a visual interface. Here’s a “flow cheat sheet” showing some examples: https://goo.gl/q5lHdm

Stringify interfaces with lots of digital and physical services, not just SmartThings. We can connect SmartThings to Wink, Insteon, Craigslist, eBay, you name it - you can connect any trigger to any action, and apply ONLY IF triggers.

CoRE is going to be faster for simple smarthings automations since all of the processing is done on SmartThings’ servers.
CoRE will have more flexibility and compatibility when it comes to SmartThings devices since that is its focus. We don’t yet support SmartThings ‘mode’ for instance (but we offer our own mode).

Keep in mind Android is still rough around the edges - you can’t move things around the canvas once they’re placed, for instance (you can on iOS).

1 Like

Wanted to mention that I listened to the Home On podcast episode before the holidays with the Stringify interview. I’m happy to see I only had to wait a few weeks before getting a chance to try it on Android. :grin:

1 Like