Netatmo for UK users (Temp workaround)

When I click on ‘Netatmo (Connect)’ in the create SmartApps page, the code snippet does not load, and when i inspect the HTTP request, it says HTTP error 500… Anyone else having this issue?

Same problem here. Also the device type templates are not working.

1 Like

They do not work, I contacted support regarding the missing templates and asked if this was a known issue and if it was going to get fixed, I also asked if they could possibly send me the code so I could create the smart app myself. I was told that any code they had was already uploaded to the IDE, and any templates that were there without code were place holders for when the app had been coded.

You can get the code from Github and create a new smart app from code in the IDE. I have managed to create the app and get it working, however there are no devices to select even though I have created the device types and published them in the IDE.

I will investigate this further at the weekend, but I get the impression that is does not work particularly well at the moment which is why I assume the app isn’t available as a working template.

I managed to get a hold of the SmartApp source from git, but when I try to use it in the mobile app, the logs in the IDE state:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'authorities' on null object @ line 51

Additionally, I am unable to locate the device type code in github :frowning:

The device types are in the location below, all the modules are listed.

SmartThingsPublic/devicetypes/dianoga

Have you followed the instructions in the initial post with regards to changing to the EU server and entering your client Id and secret. The error you are getting is not one of the many I encountered but I now have mine working.

Same here, all working well, so far no oAuth rekey issues either

I’m getting a “You are not authorised to perform the requested operation” when I try to install the SmartApp after publishing.

I can get past the not authorised problem by enabling oauth in the settings but it fails when you tap to enter credentials.

I consistently get
Error: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request
In refreshToken

Anyone any ideas on what the problem we might be hitting is? or have ST changed Oauth?

I had changed the server to the eu one and entered the client keys and got this same message as you.

Turns out in the Edit SmartApp page, under OAuth, I needed to click the button Enable OAuth. Hope that works for you.

I’ve followed this and the threads I keep getting a message Invalid URL when I try and Authorise the Netatmo.

I’ve check my cutting and pasting and it’s all as it should be.

Any clues?

Jim

Have you got the correct url, a few of the ones in the posts above don’t work. Try copying this one:

https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com

Well I’ve just cut and paste yours in and its identical to the one that was there.

And now I have progress, so patently not I’m clearly a bit stupid from the neck up.

Now I’m getting 502 Bad Gateway but at least I’m getting to the Login screen.

Cheers

Jim

I’m at the same point as Jim. I can now get to the login screen, but once I have logged in, I get a “502 Bad Gateway” page…

I got this too. Clicked a random link on the initial log in screen then hit back button and the logged in. It then worked. No explanation why but it did

Managed to login by clicking a random link and the back to login as Tino_Race suggested. Now says connected, but the basestation, outdoor module and rain gauge all show no data. Any ideas?

When you say you went to a random link and back. Was this a random link on the Netatmo site. I’ve tried that and then clicked back and still no joy.

Yes Jim, I think it was on the left hand side in the footer of the Netatmo site. Can’t remember exactly which I clicked. The first one I went to didn’t work, so tried again later and it worked!

Hi guys I think we’re getting closer, I used a button in the bottom left and logged in that way then went back to enter credentials.

I now get a third party application screen from Netatmo asking me to authorise. but if if hit yes i just get a blank screen nothing seems to happen. is that what you guys saw?

I had that same problem, I found that my clientid and clientsecret had somehow been corrupted. I re-pasted the correct values and saved / published and it then allowed me to complete the setup within the smartapp.

1 Like

Thanks I pulled my work and restarted from scratch building in all the suggestions and it now seems to connect now. I’ve also found my devices so thanks all for the good advice