Netatmo for UK users (Temp workaround)

Right I finally got it working.

The button I used to log in was as you mentioned at the bottom. I tried a few but eventually got in by pressing the Developer link. This then took me to screen which allowed me to log in. Then by clicking the back key a few times it came back to add a device.

Hope that helps. Now I just need to see if anything is working.

Jim

So how easy would it be to add the Wind Module?

I’m looking at the code and while I’m tempted to have a play at it. I’m suspecting the only thing that can go wrong is EVERYTHING? :smile:

Jim

I have managed to sign into Netatmo, granted Access to third Party app, and selected wich sensors i would like added. After i press done, I am informed that it is being automated ‘Green status bar Pops up at the top’

My question now is, where are These sensors located inorder to be added to a room etc. if i got to My Home, and Things they are not listed. Am i missing something?

Thanks,
Richard

Hold that thought.

Using a massive amount of cutting and pasting Brian’s code I’ve managed to create the Netatmo Wind device type and can now extract WindAngle, WindStrength and GustStrength.

This is fun!

Obviously Brian has to take full credit as it’s his code I’ve messed with. It also needs testing and tweaking as I seem to have managed to average out some of the numbers.

But I’ll call that progress.

Jim

Richard

You can go in to room setting and simply add the devices. As it stands at the moment they will not be in any location.

Jim

Jim,
Thanks for the fast reply. I might not have been clear earlier, when I go to a room, let’s say kitchen and add edit device, all of my “things” like hue etc show up. None of the three Netatmo module show up. When I linked Netatmo I had selected all 3 modules.

Any help would be great

Thanks in advance,
Richard

Richard,

If you look at your Things as opposed to looking at your rooms, can you see the Netatmo devices?

If you can then at least they are there and being seen. If you cant we have a different issue. Check that bit first.

I managed to edit a room adn the Netatmo devices appeared they where named after the Netatmo designation for the device which wasnt imediatly obvious to me initially.

If they are there then you should be able to edit your rooms and add the devices.

This is not my expertise so excuse the slightly amateur support.

Jim

Just remember they don’t use sensible names like netatmo or weather station, I found them under indoor and outdoor.

Nope nothing showing up in the “Things”
I have included some pics to show that they are selected. Strange, anyone else have this problem?

Richard

Here is the confirmation of sensors.

If you look at your own device can you see stuff like these. As already said, they are not obvious when they come into to your things.

If you havent got those then there must be another issue somewhere.

Jim, thanks again for your quick response. Nope those are all missing from my things. By any chance can you point me in the right direction for the code file from Brian. The template no longare loads in ide, and I could quite possibly have the wrong codec installed

Yes thjey are all here

Jim

Mine is different than that one. Making changes now, wish me luck!

Thank you again

Richard

1 Like

So that code seems to be for an additional module. Should I be looking for the Netatmo connect smart app code?

Sorry I sent you a link that was easy for me. If you explore that you can get all the detail.

Here is the head end of the devices

Maybe I’m really missing something here. But I open up the Netatmo base station.src , go to raw, copy it then go over to use, create new smart App, from code paste and then create I get an error. There are 80 lines. Hmmm

Thanks again
Richard

You need to create a new device handler, not smart app. It’s basically the same procedure, just click on the ‘My Device Handlers’ link instead.

Awesome!!! Thank you so much for that little hint. Also, thank you Jim for all your help.
Richard

Jim,

How did you get the Wind Device to associate I have just added an additonal module and a wind module and both show in the connect app but only the additional module has been picked up by Smartthings, it does not appear as a thing. I have your device published in the IDE ST just does not want to see it?

Any ideas would be welcome…