Nest Secure (Alarm System) and Nest Cam IQ outdoor and Nest Hello (Doorbell Camera) and Nest Temperature Sensor and Nest x Yale Lock

Yes, it has battery back up. UL Standard would require eight hours, nest says their system is spec’d for 12. :heart_eyes:

As far as the motion sensors, I would expect them to work very well because the ones in the nest protects work quite well. This is a technology that nest already understands and implements for the “night light” feature on their smoke sensors.

1 Like

Does anybody know if ST plans to ever integrate Nest officially? I use the NST Manager right now, but it would be awesome to have native integration. Seems like Nest and ST ought to get this figured out…?

With SmartThings/ADT and Nest Secure entering into Security on their own, I don’t see them ever playing nice together. With Nest building their entire eco system within (Nest Products, Yale Linus Lock, Doorbell on the way), they in my opinion are now even bigger competitors against each other.

However, @tonesto7 might have more inside information about the future of the two together.

I can all but guarantee that Nest and ST will not have an official integration on the current platform. I’m not certain about the new ST 2.0 rest platform that’s coming soon.

I plan on adding support when my wife allows me to buy one (Which isn’t going to happen :wink: ) or the community donates me one.
I don’t think it’s even in the Works with Nest API yet but i would expect much control or access to it (Typical Nest)

3 Likes

@tonesto7 - I know a speak for a lot of us when we say how much we appreciate the work you’ve done on NST Manager! :slight_smile:

Is your wife planning on letting you get a Nest Hello doorbell? :slight_smile: I’ve been holding off on a Smart Doorbell purchase (both Ring and SkyBell weren’t exactly what I wanted), and the new Nest Hello looks interesting. Integrating it via NST Manager would be awesome… I know it’s pre-release, so the API calls might not be available yet, but, here’s a vote for support for that (which I’d be willing to contribute $$ to).

Thanks.

1 Like

I have a Ring Pro set to arrive any day and I just found out about the Hello Nest. I have a Nest thermostat, and a bunch of z-wave stuff. I’m also having fun with action tiles and it seems like it will support a stream video tiles from the nest cam, while it won’t for ring.

So I’m very torn. Do I return the ring and pre-order the hello nest?

Would you like to put up a GoFundMe account? I would certainly donate to it for the Hello. Getting mine either as soon as Home Depot has stock or my pre-order, which ever comes first. I don’t care about the home mini. Already have a home in every room in the house.

I can’t believe nest still hasn’t made an API available for it yet. I was going to delve into it myself.

There is no word on whether they will make the API available for Hello or Secure. I would hold off on purchasing a doorbell for @tonesto7 until that ever happens.

1 Like

On the live chat they told me 3rd part intergration will be available soon…not sure when

This should help:

1 Like

Lol! That was my question :smiley:

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

The fact that they already have their little feud going on, having just acquired Ring, that makes perfect sense that they would allow it to be purchased.

1 Like

The Nest x Yale Lock is also now available for purchase. I guess they skipped the whole pre-order phase.

https://www.shopyalehome.com/NestYaleLock2

It’s also available on Nest as well

https://store.nest.com

It looks like the Yale site has an incomplete product list as it does not contain the polished brass version of the lock as Nest does. Plus they have two items listed for each, Bundle and Kincaid?

1 Like

Did you order one?

The doorbell I ordered two weeks ago.

I’m going to order two locks (one with Connect and one witbout as I don’t have Secure yet), but want to sort out differences between what the heck Yale is advertising versus what Nest has displayed.

One other Note: On Yale, you can only order it with Connect.

I still hold to the dream that one day Nest will open their platform to Homekit.

1 Like