Neighbor hacking my home equipment! Advice needed

Hi, first timer here. Need some help and advice please. I have criminal neighbours both sides. Long long story of over 3 years now. One such neighbour has hacked every device in the house from smoke detectors (which are not smart), assuming RF, and any alarm in house. alarm system that was a router (no longer now) and every phone we have ever had. I have some IT experience, but this is all beyond me, and I’ve not managed to keep them off, or keep them from coming into the house. One question is, I purchase recently which are supposed to be non wifi based little security motion alarms. Brought some more recently. I started making some enquiries online which is how I found this site about jamming frequencies etc. But my alarms can be set off remotely and turned off remotely despite the fact they are not wifi. So .I am assuming they have radio frequencies, even the smoke detector (which is not smart). But if the neighbour was just jamming the signal that would stop if from going off, so how does he make it go off? He only lives next door (been trying to move for over 3 years now- nightmare). Is there any security systems or small devices that I could use that he cant turn off and on?

Thanks

That sounds awful! You have my sympathies.

This forum is specifically for people who are using the Samsung smartthings ™ home automation platform, which are all radio frequency devices, so I’m afraid we’re not going to be able to help you much here.

Try the reddit home security subforum: hopefully someone there will have some ideas.

https://www.reddit.com/r/homesecurity/

Also, make sure you tell them what country you are in, as that can make a difference in cases like this.

Oops ! Thank you. I will try that, thank you.

1 Like