Need help with complicted Oauth process

I haven’t looked into it yet. I still have my hopes up that they will complete the move to OAuth 2. I’ll post here with any progress.

Thanks. It looks like I can do some basic stuff through IFTTT on sleep and wake events.

Any updates on the Fitibit integration?

Sorry no, haven’t had the time to work on it.

@Ron I spent an hour last night looking at it. I was hoping it would have been as easy as the solar system where you use a combination of a secret and id. It doesn’t appear to be the case… seems more like a federated model. :frowning:

@DrHill I gave up on it after monitoring the Oauth 2.0 which said “coming soon” for way too long. I don’t even know if it is Oauth 2.0 yet, if not then it will not work with ST.

Hey @Ron, looking over there site, the Oauth 2.0 has been available for a while on the site. Do you happen to know of any examples where this has been one with other apps? I’m more than willing to give it a try if there are other exmaples out there.

I did my own Emphase Solar integration but that one just used a URL with 3 variables… Oauth 2.0 looks to be more involved where you exchange keys and then return a URL with a session.

Smart Things only supports Oauth 2.0 that is why I was waiting for fitbit to make the upgrade.

I wrote the enphase device also and it worked fine. See docs here
http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/smartapp-web-services-developers-guide/tutorial-part2.html?highlight=oauth#get-the-oauth-authorization-code

Not sure why fitbit seems more difficult, but sorry no time to look into this.

Also given the complete instability of ST these days I am not working on any device code. Too frustrating to spend hours on my code thinking I have an issue only to learn that the problem is on the server side.

@Ron @obycode @dckirker - Maybe this will help with Fitbit integration?

1 Like