Moisture Sensor to trigger outlet? -Help needed

Scott,

Anyway to integrate this with a fortrezz wv-01? The hub picks it up however is there a way to program the moisture sensors to turn of the fortrezz main valve? I would assume its just coding to replace the pump relay with the fortrezz main valve relay.

Scott, I was referred to your post by smartthings support. I plan to install an electric solenoid valve to my main water supply. I would like to use a normally off valve so in case of a power failure the water would be shut-off (just to be safe). It looks like I can use your app, but need to reverse the pump.on and pump.off statements? When conditions are dry there will be power to the valve to keep water flowing, then when wet the power will be switched off allowing the valve to close. I am new to this so your help is very much appreciated.
Also is this the final version of the app?
Thanks

Good question:

1. Ideally the Valve shows up as “capability.valve” instead of “capability.switch”.

2. The actions to be taken are then wet → “close() or shut()”, dry → “open()”; with perhaps some extra logic to determine if it is safe to "open()" the valve arbitrarily.

3. If the Valve is still reading as “capability.switch”, then I presume "off()" means Shut, and “on()” means Open.

For more detail than you care to read: