Looking for advice on my first project: entryway smart lighting

Thanks @JDRoberts. I have finally completely read through the Bulbs switches and sensors oh my thread, and while I’ve gotten to the point where I pretty much knew and understand everything in your excellent smart switch options/issues post, it still is extremely useful in summarizing all the options/issues all in one place. :slight_smile:

Now I will be in search of understanding exactly the pros/cons of the different switches and the configurable features they provide and/or lack. Once I can get that all organized, if I haven’t found a post listing it all, I’ll add that to the conversation myself. :wink:

In the meantime, for a pretty awesome rundown of the HomeSeer HS-WD100+, the GE Dimmer, and several other dimmers, see: The Best Z-Wave In-Wall Dimmer. These people put several dimmers through the paces and did a wonderful writeup on their results.

Currently, I’m now leaning towards either the safeish, but somewhat basic GE 45613 Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control Three-Way Dimmer Kit or the seemingly much more advanced HomeSeer HS-WD100+ Z-Wave Plus Scene-Capable Wall Dimmer paired with the HomeSeer HS-WA100+ Wired 3-Way Companion Switch. Only reason I haven’t ordered those is the current price leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth (or it will once my wife sees what I potentially paid for a “damn light switch” lol.