Logitech Pop Gen 1 Home Switch Starter Pack $59.99 on amazon (includes 2 buttons)

Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack $59.99 on amazon

Looks like this is the new regular price now according the logitech web site. But other than amazon I haven’t seen any other web site adjusted their price yet.

It’s a little more complicated than that.

The old “starter pack” price was 99.99 for a bridge and two buttons. This bridge did not work with HomeKit.

The new " starter pack" price is 59.99 for a HomeKit-compatible bridge and one button.

Like the Phillips hue bridge and the Lutron Caseta SmartBridge, you don’t have to use HomeKit in order to use these devices. They’ll work fine on their own or in other integrations, such as with SmartThings. But the newer generation (in each of these three cases, the second generation of the bridge) can also work with HomeKit if you want.

So when you look at prices on these, look to see if it’s one button or two buttons, and if it’s HomeKit compatible or not.

If it’s two buttons at $59.99, it’s the old kit on sale, and it will work fine with SmartThings, but it will not work with HomeKit.

If it’s one button at 59.99, it’s the new kit at the regular price, and it will work fine with either SmartThings or HomeKit.

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanation, I didn’t realize that there’s a new version.

Amazon web site indicated it’s 1 bridge and 2 switches. I received it yesterday but haven’t opened the box yet, I’ll have to check when I get home tonight if it’s indeed the older version.

HomeKit has no value to me, I only want to use it with ST. An extra button definitely has more value to me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I opened up the box and it has 2 switches in it. Yay!

But now amazon shows that it’s out of stock and will ship in 1 to 2 months, new stock will probably be the new version.

1 Like