Logitech Harmony and SmartThings Integration after Harmony "Control" Smartapp was pulled? (November 2015)

Weird – my ST-Harmony integration is still working OK. I set it up with my new V2 hub yesterday.

Yes. So you can have ST shut all of your TV when you leave the house or go to bed…or you can have it play music when you wake up in the morning…or automatically switch to a Movie mode when you watch a movie.

• Right, you don’t need to Logitech home hub extender…ST fills that function.
  • You’ll need one Logitech home hub per entertainment area you want to control, e.g., one for the living room TV and one for the TV in the basement.
  • Not sure I understand your question, but the remotes are pretty straightforward…and am sure there are cools subtle things too.

This is my favorite integration. You can use Alexa/ST to control lights, modes, etc. You can also use Alexa to start and stop Harmony activities.

For example, at home I can say “Alexa, turn on TSF Jazz” and Harmony will turn on my receiver, and switch source to my Sonos. ST will turn on power to my external amp and set Sonos to the TSF Jazz radio station. When I’m done, I can either say “Alexa, turn off the activity” or just wait until ST shuts it off when the house automatically goes into Night mode.

Some links:

3 Likes