Lock connected with Plug, When plug goes offline; Lock is not showing offline immediately

The checkInterval is only used in Groovy-based handlers. Which are part of the Legacy platform, so I suggest you don’t rely too much on that.

Also, I’ve seen the health endpoint is used as read-only. When the API returns an “accepted” response, it doesn’t mean the command is executed correctly.

In the new way of integrating Hub-Connected devices (Edge drivers), Health Check is controlled by the Hub automatically. The healthCheck capability (to which checkInterval belongs) is not used anymore.
Something I don’t quite understand is why the lock is connected to a plug, does that mean that the lock isn’t a smart device?

Open this section for other useful information as a reference:
  1. Edge drivers will replace the Groovy DTH, they don’t have a “graphic” environment so far, you can get the device information by making requests to the API or using the CLI.
  2. The health check in Edge depends on the reports made by the device. For example, some Z-Wave devices specifically have the “sleepy device” configuration and stop reporting their status which will make them offline.
    a. It cannot be modified. Only the LAN devices (that are also Hub-connected) allow more control over the health status because the connection is different (but not through the healthCheck capability)
  3. A great place to start is checking the official drivers released by SmartThings:

No, that’s for devices created using a SmartApp which cannot be used for Hub-Connected devices. To change the value of an attribute, you can use “execute a command”.
It will depend on the commands available for each capability. And, you can also create custom ones to define your own values for internal use for example.

1 Like