Lightify Sylvania Gardenspot

Excellent.

OK, the good news is that, although you can’t use the bridge device anymore since they shut down their cloud, the gardenspots themselves in that model are Zigbee devices, and you will be able to pair them directly with your smartthings hub. And then you will be able to control them through the smartthings app.

The slightly bad news is that you will need to use a custom edge driver, and I don’t know if you’ve done that before. It’s pretty straightforward.

1. add the device to your smartthings network. It may add as a Zigbee thing, it may add as some kind of Zigbee light, but you probably won’t be able to do much with it in the app. If it does add and it works fine then you’re done.

2. if, as looks more likely with this device, it adds, but you can’t really do anything with it, you will need to use a custom edge driver. I will give you the link to the author topic in a minute.

In the author topic, there will be a “invitation link“ to that developer’s channel. you just click on that link, subscribe to their channel, and select the custom edge driver that you want download it to your hub. In this specific case, it will be the “zigbee light multifunction mc.” (MC are the initials of the community developer who is the author. His work is very popular in the community.)

Here’s the link to the author thread:

(EDGE Driver-Mc): Zigbee Drivers for Motion, Open/Close, Moisture, Smoke-Co Sensors and others Devices

The custom driver will then be downloaded to your hub. Usually this happens within a few minutes, it might take a few hours.

1. open the Smartthings app, go to the Device’s details, click on the little gear icon, and you should see a choice of “driver“. From there, you will be able to choose the driver that you want to use.

2. if by chance, the MC driver does not show up as a choice, it means you will need to ask the author to add the fingerprints of your device to that driver. But there are several other community members who are using that driver for that model device, so hopefully it will work the first time.

3. once the right driver has been assigned, you will see lots of choices in the smart things app for controlling it, and you should be able to set colors, etc. with a smart things routine

——
You can read more about edge Drivers in the community FAQ, but in this case, I think you’re in luck, and there is already a custom edge driver that works for that model. :sunglasses:

FAQ: I have no idea what Edge is. Is that a new developer tool? (2022)