Latest Relay Sensor

What’s the best current device to detect a change on a dry sensor relay and wirelessly report to smart things??

In my particular case, I have a sewage pumping system with a high-level alarm. The alarm has a “dry sensor” relay associated with it - which I interpret to mean that an open circuit means “normal” while a closed circuit signals the alarm state. I want a cheap and reliable device to hook to said relay to signal my automation of the alarm state.

What are people using for such applications?

See the faq:

FAQ: List of devices with dry contact input from external sources

I would note, however, that “cheap” and “reliable” don’t always go together. And in particular, the entire smartthings platform does not guarantee reliability.

If this is an absolutely critical application, I would not use SmartThings for it. And the company agrees: see their official product usage guidelines:

https://www.smartthings.com/guidelines

Data accuracy and consistency from SmartThings sensors, including those provided by SmartThings directly, resold by SmartThings, or supported by SmartThings, is not guaranteed. Therefore, you should not rely on that data for any use that impacts health, safety, security, property or financial interests.