Issues with the platform Sunday May 3

It should also be cheaper for smart things in terms of resources if the status page is up-to-date and people don’t have to individually write into support for a known issue that’s already being worked on. That’s just standard resource management.

I’d much rather smartthings spent their time on actually fixing problems then reading the 17th duplicative email about a problem they already know exists.

Basically, once smartthings staff is aware a problem exists and resources have been assigned to fixing it, putting a note on the status page saves everybody time and effort. @April , I don’t understand why this isn’t done.

If it’s a PR issue because you’re afraid of having problems showing on the status page, it doesn’t take long for reporters to learn they can check the community forums.

If a problem only affects a few users, that’s fine: say “a few customers may be affected.” Or even “a few customers may be affected, but please send in an individual support ticket if you have a similar issue as we are still gathering information on the problem.”

But as it is, the system seems even more unreliable when there have been known problems for several days but the status page shows no problems over that time period. The minimote issue from a few weeks ago was a perfect example.

I think most customers would feel more reassured that the problem is known and smartthings staff have been assigned to work on it then to come to the forums and find that a problem is known to the community but it appears that smartthings is unaware of it.

Just my own experience from having worked tech-support.

1 Like

I agree with you, April.

But, well, I also concur with @JDRoberts.

Even in this thread, it seems that Support was notified, and, so, we asked why a Status Page Update was not “triggered” for this particular issue and various past issues. There’s a perception of inconsistency, I think. Certainly the scope and breadth of the issue may matter… though the Status Page can say “affecting some of our users”… or something like that. Thanks!

1 Like

You’re absolutely right: I do agree that status.smartthings.com should have been reflected with the changes. I keep referring back to this, and although not an excuse, we’re truly alleviating this: Manpower. We had someone in support look through tickets early morning on Sunday, with OP linking to the community site, for an update. We then notified TechOps the moment we saw it, and he fixed it on the spot after that. There wasn’t someone online to update status.smartthings.com.

The timing of when we received the ticket and was mentioned here, at community, is again why i stress going to support for “things not working” vs coming here. Not that I i discourage people coming here for “things not working” :slight_smile: Because we often see more people experiencing it, and get problems fixed, here too. Just a bit slowly, if we happen to stumble upon it. (or, it was 7-8am, i think, my time…), in which I’m not realistically on 24/7.

3 Likes