Issue with zigbee hgzb-01a working in tandem with alexa and hue

Ok so I recently got into the whole smart lighting shtick. Using a Phillips Hue bridge and alexa it’s pretty fun. I was told that using a zigbee attachment, I can turn dumb lights into smart ones and should work no problem.

I purchased some basic led lights and was planning to connect the zigbee hgzb-01a to them, connect to the hue bridge and use alexa as voice control.

Connection was straightforward and not a problem. It was found by the HUe bridge, connected and all good. Only issue is that alexa cannot recognize the light. The light cannot be dimmed or anything just turned on and off via hue app or if i tell alexa to turn off all hue lights.

I’m assuming since the light has its own board which can dim and turn on/off, It must be interfering with the zigbee and hue app. Is there some way to remove the control board and just have the zigbee?

I guess Id need to fit some kind of transformer.

Any tips would be appreciated

This forum is for people who are using the Samsung SmartThings ™ home automation platform. It is a very busy forum, so it often comes up near the top in general google home automation searches, but it is not a general forum. All questions and answers are presumed to be in the context of the Samsung system.

Are you using the Samsung SmartThings platform? If so, we need to know what country you are in, as the app features do vary somewhat.

If not, you might want to ask your question in the Reddit home automation subforum. They cover all brands. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh whoops thanks my dude
:upside_down_face:

1 Like