"isStateChange = false" No Longer Being Recorded in IDE?

I have a SmartApp that looks at recent events to see if a device is communicating with the SmartThings hub. I used to have events listed in the IDE under the “all” subheading for a device that would have a value of isStateChange = false and they would be greyed out. I could pull these events with a SmartApp with the following:

device.events([all: true, max: 100])

This was extremely useful because I have some devices that mostly report battery level (water sensor for example), but the battery level does not change very often. So in the event feed I would see:

battery 90% isStateChange = false
battery 90% isStateChange = true
battery 91% isStateChange = false

Those events are no longer being recorded (unless the device is a switch?) which is extremely problematic for my SmartApp. How am I supposed to check if a device is “alive” if it’s communication with the hub is being discarded? Is this something that was changed recently or something that I have missed? Here is a picture of what I am expecting to see, but I am only seeing the events that are not greyed out:

1 Like

I would not be surprised if this was an unannounced change… Unfortunately that’s very common for SmartThings to do, and we’ve begged them to please stop.

But double check against the documentation for the specification and make sure it is reproducible and then escalate to @slagle or @jody.albritton.

Let me investigate @tgauchat

1 Like