iOS 2.0 Discussion!

Yep - my system is essentially useless for anything but manual control at this point.

but the app sure is pretty! :smile:

1 Like

Why is the My Contacts missing from the context menu in iOS?

Please keep feedback coming, everybody. Some of these concerns will be addressed with planned UI work and features that just were not in scope for this release. Some are new.

For those of you with device issues or the system not functioning properly - the best path for you is contacting support — that is if you want to get things working rather than simply venting.

Or do both. Venting is healthy and shows you may or may not be alone in your feelings. Opening a ticket right now only shows you how many tickets have been opened since the last one you opened.

I know people are hard at work trying to fix all these issues. It will take time for sure.

At least its a four day weekend for me. Feel bad for all those support folks burning the midnight oil pulling all nighters.

Maybe next time a release should be after a vacation for most people, not just before?

3 Likes

I hope so! At least this time it wasn’t Friday at 4PM :wink:

2 Likes

I’m doing both as well. Seems as if Ben is a little ill tempered this morning.

Agreed I like to vent and I’ve notified support. Right now almost nothing in the app is reporting properly for me.

So far I have the following issues:

1. None of my door contacts, including my garage tilt sensor are reporting “open” they are all staying “closed”, mix of zigbee andzwave devices.
  2. All my appliance plugin modules are staying on the last state they were in, in the app. mix of zigbee and zwave devices.
  3. All my appliance plugin modules are not manually triggering from the app consistently, and when they do the state in the app is not reflective of the current state. Always refreshes back to the last known state.
  4. All of my zigbee moisture sensors are not updating

Surprisingly the only thing that’s been consistent today was my wife’s mobile presence sensor. But who knows how long that will last.

Frustrating, my system is crippled right now. Got my self a nifty and tech’d out “Dumb” Home. Hope these get resolved.

Just this morning? #offmygame

Sending you a monster energy drink…now get back to work :wink:

Ben needs his own Status Page Component so you can track his mood!

4 Likes

Yes, yes, yes.

Hey at least we are venting instead of trying to make wink work or homekit or vera.

Silence is not golden, tickets get things solved but venting makes us feel good.

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat.

Emailed support already this morning, waiting for a response.

The only thing that seems to be functioning is that my house knows when I’ve left and came home. Nothing else has reported it’s status as of 1:52AM PST.

Hey @huydnguyen when is the last update in your activity feed? Does your app say the hub is offline?

Smart Home Monitor just showed up!! Stoked! Thank you!!

Last update in my activity feed is present time, and hub is online. But if I look at the activity I only See: my devices that are reporting properly like motion sensors, light switches, Hue, GE-Link lights.

I’m not seeing any of my doors open and close, moisture triggers (when i tested them), and the appliance plugs appear when they work but not consistently.

1 Like

Oh and some of my door sensors and moisture sensors are the PEQ/ST/Centralite so temp is not being reported either.

Was manual Mode selection removed or am I just missing it?

I’d like this on my dashboard, please. =)

2 Likes

Yes, it was removed.

I found a fix to the stalled device status issues, go to the developer page and select “My Devices” then select the device that isn’t working and then select “edit” then “update” . After it updates it seems to see it again and work correctly, so far I have tried this with smartthings motion and door sensors and both have worked.

4 Likes

Well Ok then it’s not the end of the world… Just not sure I understand the decision to remove that one