Instruction and Device Handler for SmartThings Hub controlling Nue ZigBee In-Ceiling Light Controller

Hi David,

Can you send me the link of the item that you bought? There is 2 different version of the controllers. One of them will work by directly selecting device Type - ZigBee Switch and another one needs to copy / paste the device handler.

Regards,

Kevin

Hi David,

I have sent you the device handler code through Amazon msg. If you did not receive it, please tell me your email address so that I can email it to you.

Regards,

Kevin

Found problem. Pretty annoying, but I got it. The first switch I bought was a Nue model HGZB-01A. On the box description it says Zigbee-ZLL. My hub is a 3.0 so I realized that I was mixing versions. I found the one that is Zigbee 3.0 and I ordered it. It showed up and its the same EXACT model number, HGZB-01A. But the 3.0 one works.

How can they make the same exact model number in using two different protocols? Very annoying.

What do you mean? Do you mean a v3 hub? that’s the SmartThings version, not your zigbee protocol version that it runs. ZLL stands for Zigbee Light Link. The other option would be ZHA or Zigbee Home Automation. SmartThings uses ZHA but ZHA does everything ZHA can do, it just assumes there will be a hub. There’s a good writeup on the differences here:

There is no v3 of Zigbee. that’s the version of hub you have.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Ryan, yep I understand ZLL vs. ZHA. I read that the v3 ST hub was certified for version 3.0 Zigbee devices. Yet you say there is no v3 of Zigbee. My new switch today is a “Wireless Protocol ZigBee 3.0”. Its working good now.

Theres actually quite a few articles on Zigbee 3.0. https://www.zigbee.org/zigbee-for-developers/zigbee-3-0/. Samsung was one of the first eight companies to receive Zigbee 3 certification in 2016. https://community.smartthings.com/t/samsung-receives-zigbee-3-0-certification/66882

Here is an article that talks about ZigBee 3 with SmartThings 3. https://community.smartthings.com/t/samsung-smartthings-hub-2018-discussion-model-gp-u999sjvlgda-aka-v3/133335/82

Thanks for your assistance Ryan, I am all hooked up now and everything is working great.

Dave

Then why ask?

Because I needed help Ryan. When people need help they seek helpful answers to their questions. Thats what forums are for, people helping each other. When I tried to explain to you the issue, which you didn’t understand due to your own lack of knowledge, you rudely tell me something doesn’t exist that has for two years now. I provided helpful documentation so you could educate yourself. I find this last response from you unhelpful and uncalled for. I was not ever rude or demeaning. Why are you? Go be rude somewhere else.

If you had the answer, then why ask the question?

And btw…everything I can find on that model number says that they are ZLL. So, what difference does it make? If they were zigbee 3.0 they wouldn’t work with the v2 hub and not enough people have a 3.0 hub yet.

I think zigbee 3.0 devices can be backwards compatible with ZHA or ZLL networks.

Hi 3asmarthome

I have few of your nue products. I have manage to get 1 gang wall switch and ceiling light switch/controller. But still could not get 2 dimmers work from smartthings.

Smartthing get device status (on or off and level) but can’t control from from smarttings.

can you provide device handelers for dimmers. below is how smartthings see the 2 dimmers.

{“dni”:“AB69”,“d”:“00124B000AE604A0”,“capabilities”:“8E”,“endpoints”:[{“simple”:“0C 0104 0100 02 00 00”,“application”:"",“manufacturer”:"",“model”:""},{“simple”:“0B 0104 0101 02 06 0000 0003 0004 0005 0006 0008 00”,“application”:“01”,“manufacturer”:“Feibit Inc co. “,“model”:“FB56+ZSC04HG1.0”},{“simple”:“0D C05E E15E 02 01 1000 01 1000”,“application”:””,“manufacturer”:"",“model”:""}],“parent”:“FFFF”,“joinType”:255}

“dni”:“7A6E”,“d”:“00124B0014AFDF21”,“capabilities”:“8E”,“endpoints”:[{“simple”:“0B 0104 0101 02 06 0000 0003 0004 0005 0006 0008 00”,“application”:“01”,“manufacturer”:“Feibit Inc co. “,“model”:“FB56+ZSC05HG1.0”},{“simple”:“0D C05E E15E 02 01 1000 01 1000”,“application”:””,“manufacturer”:"",“model”:""}

Cheers
Asela

Hi Asela,

Do you mean the 1 gang dimmer switch? If yes, please check the attachment for the device handler.

Regards,

Kevin

(Attachment Nue ZigBee Dimmer SmartThings Device Handler.docx is missing)

Please tell me your email for sending you the device handler.

Regards,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for quick reply.

my email address is asela.ab@gmail.com

I need device handlers for 1 gang dimmer switch and dimmer controller. for below 2 items.

smart-in-ceiling-light-dimmer

zigbee-smart-dimmer-switch

Thanks

3asmarthome:

I bought three nue smarthome Zigbee In-ceiling light switches and when I pair them to the Hub I get :Please Wait" Looking in the blogs I have ensured OTA enabled for all non-light devices” and “Unsecure rejoin: true”.

I have tried to cut and paste code into into a new device handler but always receive an error message of some sort. What do I need to do or what additional information do you need?

Thank you

Hi,

I never saw the msg “Please wait…” before. Can you try to reset the zigbee in-ceiling light switches first before you add the device through SmartThings APP?

Regards,

Kevin

Sure, I will try it and let you know.

Thanks

I have reset the switches and no change, still says “Please Wait” on the Smart Things app. I removed the device, reset the switch, and re-paired the switch to the Hub, same thing “Please Wait”. I did this four times with different sequences, but once I pair it with the Hub and rename the device, the same thing?? What do you think? Thanks

Hi Scott,

Can you take some photos or a video about it so that we can know what really happened and figure out how to solve the problem?

Regards,

Kevin

Hi I have two of the New ZigBee HGBZ-01A controllers and have followed your instructions but have come up with compilation errors when creating the device handler, pasted below

Org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: script_dth_metadata_0b82fc04_017c_4b22_92a3_017a39171098: 13: unexpected token: ZigBee @ line 13, column 24. definition (name: “Nue ZigBee 1 Gang Switch”, namespace: “smartthings”, author: “SmartThings”, ocfDeviceType: “oic.d.switch”) { ^ 1 error

Amy ideas

Thanks
Neil