Indoor/outdoor home audio help

well looks like i have a couple options.
2 zone receivers with 1 zone running 5.1 and zone 2 running outdoor speakers.
or a 2 zone receivers with zone 1 running 5.1 and zone 2 going to a speaker selector to control audio throughout the house and could possibly use harmony hub to control speaker selector.

or get a standalone amplifier and hook it up to a set of outdoor speakers with apple airport express and stream off my iPhone.

i guess it just depend on what all i want and how much i wanna spend at this point lol

Harmony and a speaker selector thatā€™s IR, thatā€™s a good compromise. Make sure itā€™s ohm matching! The Harmony adds so much more flexibility in my opinion, even though it has itā€™s occasional faults.

yeah the Harmony hub is something Iā€™ve wanted to add for a little while now also. i donā€™t know thought still not sure exactly what i wanna do with everything.

what do you mean by OHM matching thought??

Receivers usually assume a speaker load of 6-8 Ohms, if you have more than one per channel, which can happen with switches, you could pull that down to 2 or 4 and burn up the amps in the receiver. Assuming you do a one for one switching scheme, this wonā€™t be a problem, but if you want a switch that will allow more than one pair, say front and back deck sets of speakers, youā€™d need a switch that will Ohm match.

hmm that seems over my head lol.
Iā€™m thinking of just getting the Denon AVR-S710W and using zone 2 to run a set of stern speakers on the back deck and i can control it from the denon remote iOS app and use airplay from my phone to stream

1 Like

This is what I used for my audio indoor and out door. Also I have a video controlling monoprice with smartthings on my channel.

1 Like