IKEA Trådfri

What firmware do you have now? The light are working fine for me but i don’t know if i have the latest firmware. I’m running on 000.016.00014

I picked up a GU10 bulb hoping to add it to my hue hub, but then read after the hue hub update they don’t work anymore - doh!

How do you add them to ST? Do you need the IKEA hub? (UK Based)

It looks like you’re the first UK person on here to get one - so let’s hope they’re the same!
You should be able to search for a new Thing" in ST and it should pick up the bulb, if not then try switching the bulb on and off 5 times, hopefully it should then appear in ST.

I picked some up yesterday in Cardiff UK store, and paired them with ST without a problem (not using the Ikea gateway).

This is what I did:

1. Reset the bulb (turn power on/off at switch 7 times, and then the bulb will flash once briefly if reset).
  2. ‘Add thing’ in the mobile app, then turn the bulb off/on once at switch, it should then find it.
  3. It will be detected as a generic ‘Thing’.
  4. Go into the Web interface at https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com
  5. Go to ‘My Devices’ and change the new ‘Thing’ to be a ‘ZigBee White Color Temperature Bulb’.

This worked for me. I believe there is already a customised DH for it too:

1 Like

How does the brightness of these compare to Philips Hue and Lifx?

Presume you’re still on v16 hub firmware? Did you get a switch and give it a go by any chance?

How exciting - a dimmable, tunable white bulb for £10 less than any other equivalent. And looks like they could be brighter? The light panels look interesting too.

I assume these are zigbee bulbs.

I wonder how well they will work with all my other zigbee stuff (especially the Xiaomi) as I’ve experienced issues with Osram bulbs directly connected to ST in the past…

980 lumens I think, 70w in old money :slight_smile:

I have connected few Ikea lights to ST (floalt panel + E27 tunable bulbs). Commanding them with Xiaomi buttons and have not experienced any problems.
They stay connected to ST and seems very stable. Only thing to note is that if you command them at the same time to change color temperature + level, I’ve noticed that many times the other command does not “get through”. Fixed this by having a 0,5s sleep between the commands, maybe this could be shorter also.
I wish someone more clever than me would make device handlers for the Ikea buttons (five button and dimmer). I tried myself, but couldn’t quite get it to work.

1 Like

Yes, v16 firmware (does it break with the newest firmware then?). I have the 5 button remote, just waiting for someone to write a device handler for it.

For those of you who have the IKEA bulbs and use these device types
1: ZLL White Color Temperature Bulb
2: ZigBee White Color Temperature Bulb
3: Hue White Ambiance Bulb

keep in mind that they do not have the same min and max temperature
1 and 2 has 2700 to 6500
3 has 2200 to 6500

but the IKEA ones have 2200 to 4000

what i noticed when i used those it that dragging the slider all the way to one side i.e. out of the temperature scope of the bulp would result in no color change at all

i’ve written two handler that kind of solve this, one is specifcly for the ikea bulbs and one is a modified version of the ZigBee White Color Temperature Bulb but with configurable min and max temperatures

https://github.com/edvaldeysteinsson/SmartThingsResources/blob/master/ikea_tradfri/ikea_tradfri.groovy

https://github.com/edvaldeysteinsson/SmartThingsResources/blob/master/smartthings/zigbee-white-color-temperature-bulb-configurable-min-max.src

i havent tested the “ZigBee White Color Temperature Bulb” one so much yet so it might not work all that well

2 Likes

Curious if they do zigbee repeat or not. Real test needed if they repeat for them self, and if they repeat for other zigbee devices like Samsung motion sensors and such.

1 Like

People have reported that it does break them.
I will attempt to write a DH for the buttons when I’ve got time, both to go to Ikea and to work on it, so this may be a while. Also not done much ZB stuff, so I might not be the best person, but got to start somewhere!

I believe they do repeat.
I had the bulbs on constant power, and Xiaomi buttons worked fine. Then “someone” in our household used the physical switch to turn off the Ikea lamp -> ST lost connection with Xiaomi button. I assume it would have returned back in time anyway, but turning on the power to Ikea made the button functional immediately.

1 Like

Okay so I found a “thing” when looking for the bulb, now it says “please wait”?

Anyone else had this?

Good catch!!!

Has anyone had any luck getting the motion sensor added (and usable) in ST?

3 Likes

There is no device handler for the bulbs in smartthings, you need to add a community created one yourself on this page
https://graph.api.smartthings.com[quote=“angelkitty86, post:75, topic:59229, full:true”]
Okay so I found a “thing” when looking for the bulb, now it says “please wait”?

Anyone else had this?
[/quote]

1 Like

Ahh okay thanks! I’m quite new so will need to learn how to do that :see_no_evil:

This might be helpful Using Custom Code.

3 Likes