Ideas on how to control light groups

I can picture a few scenarios where I would want all of the interior lights or all the lights in a room to come on Or go off at once, panic, intrusion, alarm, fire etc. for automation simplicity I am thinking virtual switches attached to the light group would make it easier then I could create different triggers that would turn on or off the virtual switches. Instead of listing every single light in each routine.

How would I handle Situations when I would want all the lights to come on, but the virtual switch is already in the on position and other routines have turned certain lights off? I would need the virtual switch to turn off then on to get all the lights on.

I’m sure webCoRE could do this, but I’ve never used it. Is there an easier way.

As long as you don’t have more than about 15 lights that you want to group together, I would just use a scene. That’s pretty much what they’re for. :sunglasses:

You would need one scene to turn them all on and another scene to turn them all off.

FAQ: How to Run Scenes and Automations (New V3 App) (2020)

Thank you, after reading that article, I now understand the difference, I was definitely over complicating it.

1 Like