iBeacon Support

Oh really? What do the devices cost?

EDIT: Oh i think i see now. We provide the ibeacons and you provide the logic?

EDIT 2: Can only add one room for the free account. Next account level is $100/month. Little our of mine, and im sure others, price ranges for home automation.

You got it. We can convert beacon sightings into people.

Weā€™re definitely targeting the workplace, but over the coming months weā€™re aiming to expand what the developer side can do in other markets on their own (inc. home).

Sounds good! Put a post here when you think itā€™s ready for home use and Iā€™ll work on integrating it into STs:)

I was wondering how the testing was going I just bought 5 of these http://kontakt.io/ they come with their own API and are not too pricey I also preordered the wifi one as well. Going to play with them and see what they can do.

For iOS, you may get some mileage out of Launch Center Pro + IFTTT. Also, LCP actions used in IFTTT triggers arenā€™t subject to the usual IFTTT latency.

Once you have those apps installed, activate the LCP and SmartThings channels in the IFTTT app.

You can set up actions to be triggered by entering or exiting an iBeaconā€™s range in LCP. The LCP channel in IFTTT can then specify the name of this LCP action as the trigger to a recipe. The IFTTT action, of course, could be any of the SmartThings channel actions: switch on, switch off, lock, unlock, activate siren/strobe and deactivate siren/strobe.

You canā€™t do absolutely anything, but itā€™s a way to start with iBeacons now. Your mileage may vary :wink:

Note that Launch Center Pro is a paid app. I forget the price - 2.99? 4.99? Iā€™m not affiliated with the app aside from having bought it myself to play with iBeacons and SmartThings.

Beacons are incredibly powerful piece of electronics.There are many places where you can feel iBeacons right now and interact with them. Let me show you 5 Places You Will Find Beacons In 2015