Hub V2 - Hot Fix - 09/15/16 (15.8)

Ahhhhh. Got ya.
In that case, neither can I. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mine too. It tells me I’m home 10 min after I get home. Defeats the purpose of opening garage door upon arrival. Before the update phone was rock solid the other presence devices not so much.

All of my ST contact (3) and a motion sensor (1) have become stuck over the weekend after working great for the the last few months and the arrival sensors also going crazy.
I had no issues before this “Hot Fix” now I have delays with hue lights but not with the turning on of the bulbs themselves thats fine CoRE will turn a light on but smartthings won’t register that it’s on or there is a delay so any if bulb is on in CoRE becomes useless.

We have another ST branded zigbee device report…

and another one…

I have the latest firmware and all of my zigbee devices (50 plus) are working just fine. If it was a bad update like you suggest, I would have been affected too, don’t you think?

Well, for the first time in a really long time, this morning I had a mode change failure.

Edit: I’ll revise my statement.

Morning Mode did fire. And my morning CoRE routine also responded to that mode change and fired.

But, the mode change did not reflect in the system. Not one single command from the CoRE routine was successful.

So there was much more than a mode failure.

1 Like

Not necessarily. I’m glad all of your zigbee devices are working and this update has caused no issues for you. Can you let us all know how you have gotten your widgets to work 100% or how you get the app to stop logging you out?

Also, just now, another logout then a crash!

Also, I really wish my vacuum integration would work.

@bamarayne Can you elaborate on this more (and pref. open a ticket with support) so we can dig into it?

Thanks!

1 Like

That’s easy, I don’t need widgets, my system is 100% automated.

My app doesn’t log me out…

1 Like

I am not sure what is going on with this one… I don’t have an appliances immediately on hand (the powers that be wouldn’t hook me up with a free FamilyHub fridge… which might be bigger than my entire kitchen), but will ask around. Can you send these screenshots to support@ so we can get them flagged for the devs

1 Like

You are so much better at home automation than I am.

Sure thing.

In notifications it says that at 0555 my mode was changed to morning from sleep. But the smartapp was reflecting sleep mode under the hamburger. Not of the morning mode triggered automations were active.
Under the activity tab it showed that my morning mode triggered automations were sent the on commands, but they did not respond.

I manually changed the mode back to sleep, and then back to morning. Still failed. I did this twice mite with the same results. The mode did finally change to morningng, but the automations were still a failure.

1 Like

Update @Aaron

Day Mode failed to fire at 0800. That’s two.

For what it’s worth… This guy is saying support pushed a device update. They are not always 100% accurate, so I have no idea if they actually did.

1 Like

@Aaron @slagle

Trouble ticket submitted.

1 Like

Ditto here … can’t even remember when it didn’t fire — maybe earlier this year. My Day Mode didn’t fire because the CoRE piston didn’t. Found out that the sunriseHandler wasn’t scheduled so the piston didn’t know when sunrise was. ST really needs to update their scheduling for the sunsetHandler and sunriseHandler in their Weather Station app — it’s still using the old method of scheduling (not saying that their newer method is that much better, LOL).

FWIW, it sounds like support just killed the local device handler and moved the sensor to the cloud.

Maybe I am, but that’s just because I’ve been dealing with ST for two years. Not saying that ST is perfect, but a lot of people attribute issues to ST that they didn’t really create (like wifi interference, weak mesh, etc).

I use the widgets to set certain lighting scenes. It worth doing through pure automation as there is nothing to base it on.

When there is will, there is a way! How do you think I end up with 150 devices? I like automation, I don’t like to touch phones, panels and remotes…

Please elaborate why you need your phone to set your scenes. Those are the easiest to automate…

I don’t want to take focus off the thread so I’ll PM you.

1 Like