Hub originated REST request?

I’ve reviewed that article over and over, I think everything is setup as they describe.

None of the local IPs that I’m trying, of which I think a couple should respond to port 80 requests, are resulting in a call to the parse method.

well, open those IPs in a browser… anything? Make sure you don’t get redirected …

That’s the real problem, I’m not there. I think I’m going to need to wait until I get up there in July to try to figure some of this stuff out.

Thanks for your help anyway, just appears that the platform isn’t really designed for what I’m trying to do.

2 Likes

Any luck Geoff? I am also trying to get my hub to detect when it’s public IP changes.

Unfortunately, no I never figured it out with the v2 hub. It works great with the v1, but I gave up on v2. I finally configured ddclient on my NVR at the same location, as well as a bit of custom software that also runs on the NVR, that handles the things that need to happen on IP change for me to continue to stay in contact with our rental property.

Sorry I can’t be of any help. I did make some requests with the devs, but I don’t know if those have gone anywhere.