Hub Firmware Beta 0.35.x

@ady624 does the public release offer the Local rules like the beta?

No one knows yet and no one at ST will answer the question which has been asked of them several times. I’m guessing no since the public release is coming so soon since beta release

He works for ST, so that’s why I was asking him directly.

I see what you did there :grinning:

I believe Blake answered this question.

For reference since it was in a different thread:

3 Likes

If there’s a cloud device in the automation it will default to cloud execution. All devices, conditions, and actions in an automation have to be supported by local rules execution to run locally.

This is planned, we’re just working through UX on it. Right now we’re prepending a small unicode enclosed L “🅛” for purposes of the beta testing, but for both localization and UX reasons we’d like to improve on that.

We’d actually appreciate suggestions on what would be most intuitive.

Colours, colours are most important, as they wer e in ST classic, colours indicated condition very very well, not just the text though

Local blue white, cloud black white or vice versa

You could add a color scheme and a sort by local execution option. Could also add tabs at the top for local cloud and all.

1 Like

@blake.arnold Any chance you could add local execution for the ikea buttons and ikea motion sensors as most of my automations are based on those. Adding these 2 will enable 10 or 15 automations to run locally for me. As they are some of the cheaper options out there, i think it is a good idea. This way i can really do some testing for the local execution.

1 Like

OK, I have looked at the app automation list, to keep things simple and within the current UI design the designation for cloud and local could be

Below icons within bounding box you appear to have pixel space, this is constant no matter how long automation name or icon count, this space can easily contain a coloured line, the same applies above the text/ icons

Above text/icons a simple line to indicate cloud

Below text/icons simple line local

Top right, don’t forget to add
Sort by Cloud/Local

Within the Samsung UI design you also have the already established coloured dot, luminous green or orange, can be used top right within the bounding box above on/off slider

Or a cloud icon, tbh trying to photo edit on a phone is painfull

1 Like

I wonder if instead of a colored dot you would use a small hub icon for local or a cloud icon for cloud execution.

1 Like

I was thinking along those lines too… like what is the opposite of a cloud? Only thing I could think of was a house symbol, but yeah, a hub would make sense.

I kinda like the hub and cloud symbol idea

1 Like

They are the ideal solution but the current layout is poorly designed, I doubt anyone wants to change the current layout or is allowed as it’s part of the Samsung ONE ui

Also if you start adding really small icons of a cloud and house they loose there impact, not everyone’s eyes are that good to determine what the icon actually is

The only other thing I could think off is a small coloured dot under each icon that is local enabled, with nothing under cloud based items

At least that way you can easily determine which items are local and cloud

A full icon set with dots will indicate a fully local automation

A legend at the top would also help

Being someone whose eyes are giving out, and considering screens seem to be getting smaller rather than larger… visually, the simulated LEDs seem more practical… blue for cloud green for local?

Blue AND green might not be best for colour blind, prolly just green with nothing for cloud

I hear you about eyesight my friend 🥸

2 Likes

Right, I didn’t even think about that

Anyway I’m sure the guys at ST will have some fancy animated icon they will shove somewhere !