How to set up a notification with event triggered by two device sequentially?

Hi,

I am a new user for the smart hing hub. I wonder is there a way to set up a notification such that it is only triggered when device 1 is triggered first, and then device 2 is trigger with certain time frames?

I have experienced some motion sense false alarm, so I would like to use two event sequential trigger to avoid some false alarms to me.

A very good question @rockzhou.

Check out this thread. I use it to eliminate motion ghosts.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/smart-zone-motion-detector-zone-motion-manager-2-1-0-release/24188?u=lmosenko

Thank you for the quick response.

I look over the thread briefly and I think this is probably what I am looking for.

I am not a developer. Do you have a layman instruction on how to install your apps? Thanks,

Using custom code is pretty straightforward, basically you copy the author’s code and paste it into your own account. The following FAQ will describe the process and should answer most of your questions. :sunglasses:

Then if you decide that’s something you’d like to move forward with, you can ask any follow-up questions in the author’s thread for the specific code you’re considering using and people there will be able to help you. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

You can also use CoRE as it has an IF construct that follows a sequential path to an action.
THEN IF - All conditions/triggers are evaluated in a sequence. Each action is evaluated only if the previous one was true. The group is true when all conditions are true.
Or
FOLLOWED BY - This is a ladder type evaluation, where each piston evaulation may advance the ladder to the next step, if that step is true. If the current step the ladder is at evaluates as false, the whole ladder is reset and the result is false. The result will be true only when the last condition is reached and that evaluates true, at which point the ladder is again reset and ready for the next cycle.

1 Like