How do I create virtual switch so that Alexa reads temperature from Motion sensor

I have a Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor [GP-U999SJVLBAA].
In the ST app it shows Motion and Temperature.
In my first gen Alexa, it finds the motion sensor, but routines can only be triggered by motion.
I believe that a virtual switch or device can be created that Alexa will see and Alexa will then allow me to run routines based on temperature.

I have a ST IDE account and have tried some of the things I’ve read. I’ve searched the community for what I need but have unfortunately failed so far.

Does someone have a step by step guide on how to do this?

thanks

R

You would need to create a virtual switch like one from [Release] Virtual Alexa Switch/Button then create a routine in ST that when a temp sensor registers the value you want, it turns on the virtual switch. Have the virtual switch authorized in ST to be seen by Alexa, discover devices in Alexa, create a routine based on that switch being turned on. Depending how you want the routine to stop or the switch to be turned off, you may want to use a momentary switch.

Thank you very much. This worked.
So Alexa discovers the switch, and Alexa triggers a routine base on the switch being turned ON. This certainly works … but Alexa isn’t actually reading the temperature. Is there a way with a device handler for Alexa to read the temperature?

I, personally, don’t have any experience with this, but I’m pretty sure you can ask her what the temperature of the sensor is. As far as native support to trigger a routine, I don’t that’s integrated into Alexa. AFAIK, only open/close or motion can trigger a routine. Someone else may know of another way.