I am renovating my apartment. It’s an old apartment from the 70s so we are literally tearing it down and rebuilding everything including wiring, pluming, insulation etc.
I was always on rent so I never got to make an apartment the way I like. Because this one is mine I am quite excited for the project and decided to make it smart. I spent a week digging around, learning about components, hubs, protocols etc. It’s my understanding that to get the best out of everything one must combine different protocols and manufacturers of devices. I will have a couple of Ethernet sockets in each room with cat 6. I am completely avoiding wifi devices unless necessary, and thus opted for z-wave and zigbee components. It’s my understanding that the components will connect to the hubs, and the hub(s) will connect to the internet via Ethernet.
The apartment is a penthouse is around 140 sq meter (1500 square feet) net, with an additional 120m of porch around the apartment.
What I would ask of you is to check my list of components out and try to verify for me if everything will work seamlessly together. I want to avoid home assistant and raspberry pi for now, I want the devices to just work via the hubs. I would also appreciate your feedback and other suggestions in regards to the components chosen. Also please point out if there is anything I am missing.
These are the core of the lighting security and wiring. After those are decided I will move on to entertainment and appliances. Please note I live in EU
- Samsung Smarthings - https://www.smartthings.com/
- Amazon Echo show - https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Echo-Show-2nd-Gen/dp/B077SXWSRP
- Nvidia shield tv - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/
- Wifi Repeater - Google GA00158 - https://store.google.com/gb/product/google_wifi?hl=en-GB
- Ethernet (Cat 6 socket) - https://www.fibaro.com/en/products/smart-switches-and-outlets-walli-n-ethernet-outlet/
- Switch - netgrar JG2524-200EUS https://www.netgear.com/business/products/switches/unmanaged/JGS524.aspx#tab-techspecs
- Modem router of the ISP
- Doorbell - Ring Door View, or Ring Video Doorbel Pro
- Cameras (outdoor) - Arlo ultra - https://www.arlo.com/eu/products/arlo-ultra/default.aspx together with security light - https://www.arlo.com/eu/products/arlo-light/default.aspx
- Cameras (Indoor) - Arlo Q plus - https://www.arlo.com/eu/products/arlo-q-plus/Default.aspx
- Alarm System - (undecided)
- Lock - Yale YDM3168 - https://www.yalelock.it/en/yale/yale-italy/products/smart-digital-locks/digital-door-locks/ydm3168/
- Fire sensor - https://www.fibaro.com/en/products/smoke-sensor/
- water sensor - https://www.smartthings.com/products/smartthings-water-leak-sensor
- door sensor / window sensor - https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-home/smartthings/sensors/samsung-smartthings-motion-sensor-2018-gp-u999sjvlbaa/
- Lights - Philips Hue - https://www2.meethue.com/en-gb/bulbs
- Strips - Philips Hue strip - https://www2.meethue.com/en-gb/lightstrips
- Lamps - https://www2.meethue.com/en-gb/lamps
- Shutters - https://manuals.fibaro.com/roller-shutter-3/
- Shutters control switch - simple shutter switch
- Light switches (zigbee dimmers - wall) - https://www2.meethue.com/en-gb/p/hue-dimmer-switch/8718696743157
- Light switch on / off (fallback) - https://www.aqara.com/en/ctrl-neutral.html (to be placed next to electricity board)
- Wall sockets - https://www.fibaro.com/en/products/smart-switches-and-outlets-walli-outlet-type-f/https://www.fibaro.com/en/products/smart-switches-and-outlets-product-range/ (ολη η σειρά)
- Antenna socket - https://www.fibaro.com/en/products/smart-switches-and-outlets-walli-n-tv-sat-outlet/
- Theromstat - Nest https://nest.com/thermostats/nest-learning-thermostat/overview/