Yes, before anyone says it, I know there’s topics like this in here already. I’ve read quite a few of them and neither the steps suggested nor the specifics match my case very well
The summary is, I have one hub and 37 devices happily connected to the hub. 8 of those devices are Samsung SmartThings Outlets. I picked up 6 more of these outlets from Amazon and went to connect them today. Out of the 6, I was only able to connect 2 of them. The other 4 seem totally invisible to my hub.
Things I’ve tried:
- Specific to the outlet, putting it in join mode manually (blinky light mode)
- From the app, repairing the z-wave network (multiple times)
- Holding the little reset button on the back of the hub for 10 seconds
- Removing a previously joined Outlet, then trying to re-add it (in the hopes that i somehow just got a batch of bad outlets). Yeah turns out I couldn’t re-add it either so now I’m down an outlet.
- Adding a completely new device (Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor) and it joined just fine!
- To rule out distance, tried joining new outlets a few feet away from the hub. No dice there either.
So based on #4 and #5 above, it would seem that the problem is with adding outlets somehow. This doesn’t make much sense to me though.
I’ve stared at the Live Logs for a while and have been unable to see anything useful… though that just might be out of my own ignorance.
Has anyone had problems like this and know how to solve them? I’m currently out of ideas