Haptique RS90 and RS90X universal remote (kickstarter)

note: as pointed out in the article → it’s merely a Kickstarter hopeful for now. Based in France. no matter support.

You can buy the SwitchBot remote now, and it’s offering some matter over bridge functions.

2 Likes

Hello,

I am the founder of Cantata>Haptique. We just published an update the we will support Matter on RS90x. Also Smartthings integrations coming soon to both RS90 &90x. You may ask me anything here or on bonjour@cantatacs.com.

Thank you

1 Like

Welcome! :sunglasses:

As an engineer, I typically don’t comment on Devices until you can order them for next day delivery from Amazon. Everything else pre-release is aspirational design goals, And it’s hard to predict exactly what will be delivered. (Hardware is hard.)

But given that caveat, since your device is still pre-release, how would you say your aspirational design goals Compare to the existing switchbot universal remote, which can be ordered now?

In other words, what are you hoping to deliver that would specifically be an improvement over the switchbot device?

Also, when you say it will “support matter“ can you be more specific? Do you intend to support matter one way in like the flic hub, so that your remote acts as a “”matter controller“ and can thus control some third party devices that themselves support matter?

Or do you intend to support matter one way out like the Switchbot hub 2, so that your remote could be added to a matter controller like a SmartThings Station hub, and then used as a button device on that platform?

(For people in this forum, “matter bridge“ capabilities are the most important, but for the typical mass market customer, “matter controller“ support might be a more important selling point.)

So that’s three questions:

1. intended comparison to the SwitchBot universal remote, using current design specs (with the understanding that what actually gets delivered might be different). In other words, what would make your device worth waiting for compared to what’s currently available?

2. Will it be a “matter controller”?

3. Will it be a “matter bridge“?

Thanks!

2 Likes