Grouping Lutron Serena Shades in SmartThings

Hello we have 6 Lutron Serena Shades (with Bridge hub)
All 6 show up in Smartthings and we can control them just fine , but we’d like to group the shades in 2 groups.
So, one button will open/close 4 of them, and another button will control the other two.
I can’t figure out how to do that.
Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks!

1 Like

I want to say look at Routines and Scenes…

one scene that includes all 4 of the Shades and opens them and another scene with all 4 that closes them. Then use Routines… if button is pressed, run scene to do … if the other button is pressed, run the other scene.

that is one option. I am sure there are other methods depending on your particular button.

Eric used to have a Groovy smartapp called ‘Shady’ that was specifically for this purpose. It would group shades into one virtual shade who’s state was basically an average of the position of the shades in the group.

If I remember correctly the code was not very complicated at all - and would probably work well in LUA. maybe someone who’s into driver development like Mariano would want to try porting it to LUA as a project. I think custom presentations have evolved to a point this might be possible?

[Release] Shady - Group your shades & blinds and control as a single device - SmartApps & Automations / Community Created SmartApps - SmartThings Community

1 Like