Google Home

I canceled one of my Dot orders and kept one, so I’ll still have my Echo + Dot and also ordered Google Home, we’ll see how the battle plays out…

2 Likes

I’d sell it on ebay if I were you.

So, anyone willing to take a god guess for when Google Home will be available in Europe? :thinking:

You know, I’m embarassed to say, I was actually thinking something similar – I was going to type 7th planet, but then decided to get more tame. :wink:

Hmm…I just preordered a Google Home a few hours ago…and now I get 2 emails inviting me to pre-order a google home! Same price though, no discounts. :wink:

I am Canceling my Dot 2.0 Pre-Order and have just Pre-Ordered Google Home instead. It will be at my ST enabled House almost in time for my Birthday. Happy Birthday Me!

Here’s a thought…

Once Amazon opens up the push messages to Alexa, using Google home integrated with CoRE we can push a message to Alexa.

Also, I may get GH for the common areas of the house… living room and kitchen, for the search functions and keep Alexa in the rest of the house…

It’s ST… there’s a work around for everything!

@JDRoberts there’s some bailing wire for you!

2 Likes

I can’t speak definitively, but from what i saw demo’d during the live event, if you can type to the google assistant to execute a direct action, I don’t see why voice would not be allowed, it’s just your voice turned into text to execute the same command.

Already did according to the email I received today from google with an invite to order one. Which I did. Going to have to blow alexa away to get rid of 3 echos and 4 dots on pre order with my ecobee thermostat.

2 Likes

my return was due yesterday, so they gave an exception to do it today. Bye Alexa, it’s not you. It’s me wanted to integrate all my G apps in a better way :grin:

1 Like

A home automation “Dear John” letter. :disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes

OK, this looks good:

https://madeby.google.com/home/features/#?filters=home

@slagle

2 Likes

I walked into Sams Club tonight after work. 3/4 of their TV’s (all the Visio brand ones) were now all Chromecast…which is actually a big upgrade for them. :wink: The Visio sound bars were too.

Just wanted to congratulate you guys. Given a little time, this is gonna be big (won’t know just how big 'till we see the API/SDK, but it looks… well, big!). Very nice to see you onboard from the beginning.

4 Likes

Maybe they can start using Google servers?

2 Likes

Wow! I admire everyone’s optimism. GH is at least one month from shipping and everyone’s already serving divorce papers to Alexa. :smiley:

7 Likes

Not me! I’m moving to Utah! Yeah sister wives!

13 Likes

Just what every man really needs: Two women who won’t listen to him.

12 Likes

What do you need to do to get a Google invite for a pre order beside being cool?

One way was to have previously subscribed to updates about the device.

Of course I got mine because I’m cool. :wink:

2 Likes