Google Home Assistance - problems with ST - KNOWN issue to Google

Fixed.

Removed all over users from Google Home app. (stops the error about not be account owner)
Unlinked Smartthings
Uninstalled Google in the Smartthings app
Re linked smartthings to google home app
Added users back in

I have tried this multiple times, but this is the crucial piece that isn’t showing up for me.

We recently launched a new version of the Google integration and this feature is no longer available.

1 Like

Super unfortunate.

Is this permanently removed or temporarily removed?
Voice control of child devices is very important in my home.

We plan to bring them bsck.

1 Like

Are we getting the ability back to select which items we want google to have access to?

1 Like

Any timeline on this? Can we go back to the old Google Integration somehow?

It took me awhile to figure out why my home was broken. I realized Google gained access to devices it should not have access to, and voice commands were controlling things that shouldn’t be touched. I have had to turn off the Google Integration, but really want voice control back.

1 Like

I came up with a really ugly workaround. If anything from Google Home triggers a device it shouldn’t have access to, I have WebCore revert the status. It is kinda awful though, things happen and then unhappen

My workaround was to change the names of all the devices I did not want google to have access to. (Basically, I removed all the vowels). Then I moved them in Google home to a room called “Not Used”. This way, Google doesn’t accidentally hear something that is similar to one I want to control, and turning on lights in a room only turns on what I want it to.

Got the ghost device issue, I can’t remove because it says I’m not the account owner, I only have one account and only ever have.

I did the migration when you canned the old app, but I was forced to migrate again and now absolutely nothing works.

If I add the st account again everything is doubled.

Can you please just get you crap together Samsung? This thread is over 3 years old and, not only have you not solved it, but for some reason you decided to exacerbate it.

3 years is too long. Stop feeding us garbage and do your jobs.

1 Like

I am sorry to see that you are having problems. The ghost devices issue is a Google problem. I believe the below steps that someone here on the community figured out might help you:

Go to https://myaccount.google.com/ (this can be
Click on the security tab
Near the bottom: click linked accounts
Find Smartthings and click on the unlink icon

Now connect in Google home using the normal Google connection steps.

1 Like

I already have unlinked the smartthings account. It’s still there claiming I somehow am not the person who can delete it.

I also don’t really care who’s issue it is. They have a thread that has been going this long as well.

Either the two companies are incompetent, don’t see this as a problem, or both. I put this on you mostly because everything worked fine for me until Samsung decided to flip a switch and necessitate me making a bunch of changes to my setup. You can save the “things will work better” line that all the replies to the massive amount of 1 stars you’re getting on the play store right now. I had migrated over a year ago when you shuttered the old app. I already did the thing you wanted me to do AND still had all my stuff suddenly not work anymore.

Who’s fault is that now?

If you personally want to help, great! I’ll back off the militant tirade against Samsung because I know you personally are not Samsung. BUT if you try to assign blame again, then game over. That is 101 customer service. Fix, don’t blame. The client doesn’t really care who’s fault it is. They only care that there is a problem and need a solution. Fix the problem, happy customer. Pass the buck, game over.

1 Like

I used to have my ST hub as my main hub, and now everything got messed up!

Google Home integration AND Harmony Hub is completely wrecked!

This is pathetic and truly unacceptable from Smasung

Lesson Learned, NEVER again and word of mouth to be said to everyone I know, is to never buy your products again.

Posted this in another new thread, but just found this one, so copying/pasting it here:

Recently realized that I can’t use google home/assistant to turn off lights in the house anymore. This had been working fine up until now.

I have an assortment of Lutron Caseta lights and some honeywell zwave switches in a few rooms. I could control all of them with the new ST app (I migrated in the last couple of weeks), with the exception of my two “plug in” Caseta lamp modules. I wound up deleting them in smart things, and re-adding them. This got all the lights working in ST again

But I still can’t get google to control them. They appear as offline or “not responding” in the GH app. I thought maybe I could just remove the devices from the GH app, but it looks like I have to unlink everything from GH by unlinking ST within the GH app (I have 40 devices that would be affected by this). Is this really what I would have to do, or is there another way to get them working in GH again?

Did you do a “relink” in Google according to the migration email that was sent out some weeks ago? If not you have to do that. You do not have to unlink.

Aha! That was it. I obviously missed that from the emails - i thought it was just telling me to migrate to the new app, which I already did.

Thanks

Google home was claiming everything was offline despite working within Smartthings

I had already re linked in preparation for the change

I had to unlink smart things from google and then relink, however it has duplicated all my devices, and all of the scenes and despite things sometimes working google assistant always then tells me there was a problem.

How can I start afresh and eliminate all the duplications?

Are you sharing location within smartthings or within Google home app?

Same issue here but relinking does not solve it (severaltimes) and unlinking is not an option due to dozens of complex routines.

@Lars please help us. Since 2 days ago Google Home just says it cannot connect to SmartThings devices, and in the Home app every device shows as OFFLINE.