Globe Suite and ST Integration

@solutionssquad,

Thanks for expanding on the issue! Not something we’ve encountered yet on our end.

Are the products you are setting up in Globe Suite app, Globe smart devices? If not, what products do you have connected?

1 Like

Don’t know what brand they are, if they work through your app, then they should work via smartthings. I seem to remember something about smartlife?

I’m about ready to bin them and move away from China products to be honest.

Teckin branded wifi plugs.

I believe SmartLife.
they work find via the GS app.

1 Like

Mine are not globe devices. I was using some treatlife switches. They worked with SmartThings when the access was released early by accident, but now when I go through the steps of linking my account after the latest release, no devices are added to SmartThings.

Same problem here. I can add my account ok but the light strip (which works fine in globe suite app and tuya and smart life apps before that) doesn’t show up in smartthings

So does this mean only Globe branded devices will work not Tuya devices connected to the Globe app?

I am using your branded devices… quite a few more than I can show… hope we can find a solution soon!

All my bulbs ARE LOHAS, not Globe, as I originally stated, bulbs. I have the same issue.
When I complete connecting your service the device list is empty. I have removed the service several times and reset my Globe App password and tried again.
Done all this countless time.
The process is flawed and broken.
After waiting over 2 months for a fix, I am in EXACTLY the same position I was when you broke the integration (and then removed it) in the first place.
Are you sure someone has not used the installation you broke 2 months ago by accident. To be honest that would not surprise me at all.

And what is all this “devices available in other countries” nonsense about? I don’t remember seeing that before with the previous working integration.
Maybe if I take all my devices to China and install there they will work with no issue?

I believe this was an ST addition in the ST app update in January. They added “Available in the United States” and “Available in other countries” to devices in the Add Device section. So it shows on other devices in addition to Globe Suite.

2 Likes

I am also having trouble connecting to the light bulbs, official Globe Brand, only a dimmer switch is loading into ST after I authorize the GS binding and is listed devices available in other countries. So far testing the dimmer with different combos of smartapps and sensors it appears operational. The lightbulbs are my only concern but do work through IFTT for now.

@Globe
Add me to the list of people who have a re-broken integration.

I’m not using GlobeSuite branded devices, but they were all working previously with the Tuya login. And they were working well!

I foolishly deleted the original integration when I saw that official integration was back. Now none of my devices are showing and cannot be re-added. It is claiming my username doesn’t exist, although it exists just fine on the Tuya app. When I try to log into GlobeSuite within ST in order to try the integration again, it is showing a tuyaus login url.

This is very defeating.

Did you change to Globe Electric branded bulbs at some point? I thought you were originally using Lohas bulbs.

Oh yeah. My mistake lol. I am using the Globe app though. Will update my original post so globe know this. Cheers :grinning:

1 Like

Can Lohas bulbs be firmware flashed in any way and brought into ST this way. I am done waiting for Globe to get this working and have a bit of time this week to sort it. No worries if it all goes t*ts up. I will bite the bullet and go with a different brand, to hell with the cost!

I wonder if we’re all having issues because we used it back a couple months when it first accidentally appeared.

New user to smartthings and I’m having the same problem - Globe account links with ST but no devices appear

1 Like

Same here, account linked but no devices appear. No option to delete (unlink) the account to add again or refresh.

If you want to unlink. 1st click on the menu (the 3 horizontal bars, top-left). Then on the next menu (cog icon, top-right). Then connected services.

3 Likes

Oh, got it. Thanks a lot.