Getting the most out of my Schlage FE599NX

(John Campbell) #1

I recently purchased a Schlage FE599NX and installed it. Works great, pairs with Alexa and my Smartthings Hub and life is great. BUT I chose this model because I expected to be able to keep track of which codes were being used and when. I am new to Smartthings and smart things and I have been wondering around the internet trying to find my solution but to no avail.
I do get notifications when my door is opened and that’s cool but I would like to know which code was used for entry. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

You can do this, but you will need a custom smartapp. If you haven’t used custom code before, it’s pretty straightforward – – basically you’re going to copy the author’s code and paste it into your own account. The following FAQ describes the basic process:

So now where do you find the code to copy?

The easiest way is to use the quick browse lists in the community – created wiki. In this case, you will look in the smartapp section and then look for the list of “locks.”

Rboy’s apps are very popular, but do require a license fee. Most of the others are offered free by community members. Lock Manager is probably the most popular – – you can use it for free, and the author has a PayPal button if you’d like to contribute after you’ve used it for a while.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section

(Jordon) #3

Following what JDRoberts said. If you have echosistant up and running, the security suite child app is made for just this and also allows you to control the garage door with codes as well. If you use the stand alone lock manager smartapp from ethayer it doesn’t work with the garage doors at the moment. But I did a little tinkering and was able to add it myself from looking at the security suite app.

(Ron Talley) #4

Yep @JDRoberts laid it out.

I use the @RBoy app and it is pretty straight forward and allows for me to access and configure permanent codes, temp codes, scheduling, actions when locked/unlocked, naming and pretty much everything you can think of. It also notifies you if any updates are available.

Saying all that, free-99 is great as well! :grinning:

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #5

You can find all our apps on our website including the user management apps and custom lock device handlers to get the most out of your lock:

We do charge a small fee to help maintain the apps and develop new apps and device handlers. Thanks for the whole community for their support in keeping us going.