GE Z-Wave Wireless Smart Fan Speed Control, 3-Speed, In-Wall

Quick question about the GE smart fan controller and the harmony hub. I have the harmony controller that controls smartthings devices. I can turn the fan off and on, and adjust the speed with a rocker switch. Only thing is that since smartthings controls the fan like a dimmer, I have to press the down button several times to slow down the fan. In the harmony app it sees it just as a dimmer as well. Its just a bit annoying

what is your quick question?

Sorry, the question was. Is there a way to have the harmony adjust the fan speeds with just one up or down click, vs having to ā€œdimā€ the fan until it reaches the right level to change the speed.

not sure if this would work for you:

see if switching device handlers for your fan works better with your use case

Yes, Iā€™m actually using that one. It really just uses ā€œbuttonsā€ to set the dim level to a custom level, like High is 75%, med is 50% and low is 25%. Works great when using the app. I can also use the echo to say ā€œSet fan to 50%ā€ which also works just fine. Thing is when Iā€™m watching TV. I donā€™t want to have to open the app, or yell at the echo. The Harmony remote does ā€œworkā€, but it sees the device as a dimmer, so what it does is changes the dim level by a few % each time I click the down button. eventually I dims enough to change the speed to the next threshold.

was really just hoping someone had come up with a creative way to have the harmony set the dim level to preconfigured levels like the custom DTH

I see. I have harmony as well and see how that would be crazy annoyingā€¦I have to dust off my harmony to get my annoying level up to help with finding a harmony solutionā€¦strength in numbers :sunglasses:

Iā€™m thinking webcore might be able to do this for me. Gonna play a little bit, and get back

1 Like

Take note of the % that it changes by with a single press. If itā€™s consistent, then modify the setLevel() command to look for a change of that % and instead modify the speed up/down as appropriate.

If itā€™s not consistent, youā€™ll have to do more work. Maybe check that it isnā€™t exactly at the Low/Med/High percent and if not, if itā€™s higher than previous level go up one speed level; otherwise go lower.

Any chance you have a link to one? I just installed my fan switch and was bummed that it was showing as a dimmer

Here you. I use this one.