GE, Networx, Interlogix Caddx NX8 security System Integration?

Haha 100%!!!

If they’re built into the wall and need removing then perhaps you’re right it’s not worth it, though I do know some devices allowed you to upgrade the firmware wirelessly with a hack (just depends on a few factors that I’m not sure about, as I don’t have any tuya devices)

I’m actually in the process of installing and testing HomeAssistant. I haven’t done anything at all with it yet, only just got it running on an RPi4.
I’m going to look into adding proper support for my device to HomeAssistant, because I like that it can be run on a variety of devices, is well supported, flexible, and not SmartThings :stuck_out_tongue:
Don’t worry, I won’t be dropping support for SmartThings or anything, in fact I still have an update that’s almost ready, which I’m just finishing some testing on, which should allow zone creation via the web interface etc, improve some logging, and a few more little things.

1 Like

I recently moved over to hubitat and deployed cjcharles through the package manager in hubitat and was able to interact with the bridge using the commands in the alarm bridge virtual device however I can’t get any of my tiles to work, none of the status updates and none of the switches work.

@revlis240 you were able to get this working with your HE?

What firmware version do you have on the device @Matt_Johnson ?

@LeeFL 0.02.13

Yes! the Hubitat has been working 100% perfectly, 100% of the time. I am thrilled. The ST hub is headed to my trash pile

When you run the “create child zones” button, do you get a list on the right side of all the child zones being created? Are you getting any errors in the logs? I was going to ask that the IP and port are configured correctly, but if it wasnt, you wouldnt be able to trigger the alarm.

You set up the child devices DHT right?

I have also made the switch to Hubitat and the alarm bridge was the first device that I added. Works flawlessly for the past two weeks.

@revlis240

Yes I do get the child zones on the right and the commands to trigger home away modes etc do work within the alarm bridge device, however if I try and make any switch tiles that reference those child objects to arm etc none of them work.

In the logs I get invalid response from system for the device id and then the system log comes in and says receiving data from (ip address of alarm bridge) no matching device found for (ip address of alarm bridge) which is odd because the virtual device alarm bridge has that ip address in it’s config.

I am not sure what the child devices DHT is?

Go into HE, then Drivers Code. What do you see? Do you see this?

Also, when you go to devices, then the alarm, and press Create Child Devices, do you see a list of them being created on the right?

Further down, under “component devices” what do you see?

Yes I have all of that

As well as

Which were all created by the create zone devices.

Also the alarm arm home, alarm arm away, alarm disarm, etc all work in the commands section in your screenshot. It’s just when I try to create a dashboard with tiles to those commands as well as any kind of status tile none of them work nor do they update when the alarm status changes.

Here is logging for the two actions

12:28:42 - arming home from tile
12:28:55 - arming home from command within device
12:29:00 - disarm command from within device

Config for reference.
As well as the commands page

After I do these tests, I always come in here and notice that the current states is stuck, for instance it will say disarming, and when I hit refresh command it then shows the correct state as well as the IP of my HE.

Did you assign a static IP for the bridge? If so, when you go to

198.168.yourbridgeip/settings

Do you see that the IP and port that you have given the bridge for HE is correct? It has to be correct on both ends. I had to manually update the bridge using a command, as there is no button to update the IP in the bridge.

I did it by going 192.168.bridgeip/config?ip_for_st=192.168.myHEip or something to this effect, i forgot the exact code, but maybe youve already crossed this bridge (see what I did there) :slight_smile:

Something is not right with how your zones were created. Upon further inspection, it seems that your zones are showing up as devices? In my device list, ONLY the alarm system shows up. I have to click the alarm bridge, and then all the way at the bottom, below the alarm settings, ALL the child zones show up as “component devices”. If that is not the case with you, which it doesnt seem to be, something has gone wrong in the child zone creation. I would PM cjcharles on the HE forum. please report back here and let me know what it was!

@revlis240

The /settings is correct as well as the component devices, I just didn’t capture the component devices screenshot.

/settings shows the same ip:port as when I hit the refresh command under the bridge device in HE.

I can disable the zones as devices I just figured the create zone devices was required to interact with them through tiles so I clicked that command, they go away if I click the removechilddevices command but then I can’t use them on the dashboard.

Are you sure your zones don’t show up as devices?

If they don’t how do you interface with the bridge through HE?

When I only have the alarm bridge all I can do is query status of attributes, no actual interactive tiles available.

I’ll take this issue to the HE thread don’t want to keep discussing HE in a ST thread. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone.

Are you saying that within the HE alarm bridge settings, the IP address you see there, is the same IP address that the alarm bridge has under ip_for_st under settings? Because those 2 should be the same.

Under your alarm bridge ip/settings you should see the IP for the HE

Within the HE>devices>alarm bridge>preferences>Alarm IP address you should set the IP for the alarm bridge.

They should never be the same. Eh?

@revlis240 This is all working now after two things happened.

I didn’t have the MAC for the bridge entered under the DNI for the bridge device.

Cjcharles had to make some changes to his package to allow for the tiles I was trying to use on the dashboard, after I updated the package with his changes this is now working properly.

And I have to saw it is very quick and responsive and once getting everything working, integration with Alexa was a snap, I was never able to get this working under ST.

I have to say I am really impressed with the HE after getting this working and seeing how responsive it it. And once the updates were made and I actually went through the instructions provided, I would expect this setup to be very simple for the next person as long as you use the package manager and follow the instructions.

Thats awesome, glad you got it working.

Absolutely agree with your findings on HE vs ST.

HE works, works 100% of the time, and works fast

ST sometimes works, is slow, and even when set up properly, was just never good enough. Now that I’m on HE, I am going down a deep rabbit hole as to what exactly I want to automate and have working with motion sensors, automations, etc. Its very time consuming!

@LeeFL I’m interested in your bridge, could you message me when able?

• Caddx NX-8E
  • (3) NX-216E Zone Expander
  • (2) NX-148E-RF LCD Keypad
  • (1) NX-1300E LED Keypad
  • (1) NX-507E Relay Expander

Has anyone heard from @LeeFL since his last post on Feb 2? If his kit is no longer available I’ve been looking at leveraging a RPi running pynx584 to integrate the panel.