GE Link Clearance

Saw these at my local Target … perhaps available at one near you - can’t resist for
under $5.

I’ve got about 15 or 20 of the bulbs & I think 3 of the link bridges kicking around in boxes of junk if really like them that much.
6 or 8 TCP Connect bulbs with bridge & remote somewhere too

LOL

1 Like

I have several of these bulbs and they have a known firmware problem that causes random disconnects. I have to reset one or two of my bulbs every couple of weeks or so. If you can live with that, then they are a good deal. You can always use them as dumb LED bulbs with the half-way smarts as a bonus I guess. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also AFAIK, there are no firmware updates available.

2 Likes

These bulbs also have issues with routing other devices messages. Do your best to avoid joining any devices through them as there is a good chance that it will stop routing those messages at some point. I just removed the last of these from my house because I was tired of dealing with it. Typically power cycling the bulb will recover everything for a while.

2 Likes

Replaced the last of my A19 Cree, GE, Lightify with Hue last week.
Now awaiting ST to fix the new bug where instead of turning Hues off they only dim to 10%, but show as off in ST so I have to open Hue app to actually turn them off.

I’ve been loving the cheap Sengled bulbs. They don’t act as Zigbee routers, but I didn’t need them to extend my network. It’s nice because 1) they are cheap so it’s easy to fill out my house and 2) if someone flips a physical switch removing power, since they aren’t routers my network doesn’t get borked. I still have one offs of a bunch of different bulb types for testing purposes, but I was sick of the problems the GE Links caused me.

1 Like

not recommended as per FAQ: Best smart light bulbs to use

2 Likes

What is the color temp of the sengleds? I have gone to 4000k in my house and love it. But it makes it difficult to find bulbs sometimes.