I just installed the Linear dimming switches with Walmart Great Value dimmable LED bulbs in a brand new construction home. Here’s the issue I’m having - some dimmer switches work and shut the lights all the way off, some leave one or all bulbs on in the system. More specifics:
- Front porch lights - two aforementioned LED bulb carriage lights with one BR30 spot light at the front door. When off, either the carriage lights are dim and BR30 is off, or other way around, neither turn all the way off when switch shows off
- Garage carriage lights - two LED carriage lights and neither shut all the way off
- Balcony lights - three BR40 LED bulbs and all three shut off completely
- Living room overhead light - to replace with fan light when I get one installed, but this doesn’t shut all the way off
- Living room switched outlet - Linear switch doesn’t control it at all, LED bulb inside lamp on stand and light is staying on
- Bedroom switched outlet - Linear switch controls it perfectly, two lamps with two LED candelabra bulbs and strip lighting behind the bed
- Flood light - incandescent bulbs in unit for now, works perfectly
I know Linear’s instructions say not to use it for switched outlets, but when the bedroom worked fine and I won’t be hooking up a vacuum to this thing, I can’t figure out how the other one doesn’t even turn the lamp on or off, no input from the switch, light stays on, and now I can’t even see it in SmartThings.
I don’t hate that some of these stay dim, but if I want to have it that way, I should be able to control it that way. All bulbs are dimmable and they all all increase and decrease in brightness just fine, just some of them don’t turn all the way off. Thought I could adjust something in the API settings, but I don’t see any way to do that. Any help would be great, thanks!