First lighting project

The first option I can think of is to go with [RELEASE] SmartLife (H801) RGBW LED Strip Wifi Controller & Bulb the Smartlife RGBW controller and DTH. I haven’t used one, but from what I have seen, you can basically extend all the strips you need by just purchasing some off the shelf RGBW light strips (something like https://www.amazon.com/LEDENET-Bright-Flexible-Lights-Lighting/dp/B00HBMN4YO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1503083276&sr=8-5&keywords=RGBW+light+strip) and connecting them together. I’m not good with soldering irons at all, so I haven’t gone that route.

The other option (and one that I went with), is the Sylvania Lightify strips. The nice thing is that they are relatively inexpensive and you could extend them with the additional extension kit. However, you can’t just “wire” them into your existing wiring; You’d have to drop in a gang box and outlet. The plus side to that is… MORE OUTLETS! :wink: The downside is the additional labor. An additional benefit of this approach is that you can have basically a single strip broken into parts and have the wires concealed behind your backsplash.

As for switches, I’m liking the new GE z-wave+ dimmers. I got two last week and they seem to work pretty well. Throw on an add-on switch (for the 3-way wiring) and you are good to go. If you’re unsure about how to do 3-way wiring, there are tons of threads here with HOWTOs.