SmartThings Community

Fibaro RGBW controller as a open close sensor instead of on/off?

(AMP) #1

I just connected my Fibaro RGBW Controller up to my hardwired window and door sensors (4 zones). I got to the point where the device turns on when a door or window opens and off when they are closed. I would like to integrate it into smart home monitor. The only way I can think to get it to show up in Smart Home Monitor would be to have it be an open/close device instead of on/off. Any help would be appreciated as I am not a programmer. Oh and if anyone knows how to make the zones show up separately I would appreciate the direction.

Try Mike maxwells universal device type translator. It is awesome. :sunglasses:

If you haven’t used custom code before, it’s pretty straightforward. Basically you copy the author’s code and paste it into your account. The following FAQ describes the general process, and then go back to Mike’s thread and it will have the exact steps for that particular code.

Sorry I don’t know the answer to the zones question, but hopefully someone who has the Fibaro and is using it with sensors can comment on that.

(AMP) #3

Thanks. Thought this was gonna do it for me and can see how it might fit. When I installed it my device stopped turning on and off when the door opens. Should have used a few mimo lite instead of this thing.

(AMP) #4

Thank you! You were right on with the uDTH handler. I just had no Idea how to make it work. Im sure you know this but for anyone else who comes along…

Hook hardwired sensors up to 12v power supply per RGBW controller instructions. If you have more than 4 zones hook them up in series to reduce your zones down to 4 (Max).
Use the codersaur Fibaro RGBW controller device handler. Copy and paste the code into the device handler/create/publish to ME/ go to device and edit adding this new handler.
Now comes the hard part for me. How do you get the device that says ON or OFF to recognized by Smart Home Monitor. Add uDTH (Great code Mike) from the code in Smartthings community to a new device handler.
Create a virtual device. My devices/add device/ name it / give it an ID (example 201)/ add uDTH as type.
Go to http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=CoRE and install CoRE (Must have Smartthings smart application)
Go into phone (Smartthings app) and add CoRE. Now you can create a rule that says…
If Fibaro controller is ON then the virtual switch you create will be ON and if Finaro is OFF then the virtual switch is OFF.
In the virtual app you now need to set it to … “when on turn on an open sensor”.
This took me forever to figure out. There are very few places in our community that explain things for beginners.

Hopefully this will help you hook up your hardwired alarm door and window sensors to Smartthings.

I’m glad you figured it out! :sunglasses:

Next time you’ll probably get the fastest answer if you ask your question in the author thread where you got the code. The author will be automatically notified when new posts are added to the thread, and other people who are using the same code may also be able to help. :sunglasses:

Also, core is being replaced with webcore, so if you haven’t already you might want to take a look at that. They have their own forum as well.