Feature request: Alarm.com integration

I see what you’re doing. Since Alarm Stay, Alarm Away and Disarm are already switches, though, I don’t think you need to create multiple momentary switches.

You could control the Arm Stay switch with your Good Night routine and Disarm with the I’m Back routine.

I created a VS because I wanted one-button control in the ST interface; and an easy way to turn the security system on and off via Alexa.

The problem I was getting with the VS is that if I turn on the arm stay, the panel arms fine. But if I disarm the disarm from the panel, the VS is still show it as on. When I tried to arm again from the VS it wouldn’t do anything since, I think, the VS is still on.

Maybe I am wrong but it didn’t work for me or I didn’t wait long enough for my system to arm.

Ah, yes. I was having that problem too. That’s why I’m using Stringify to update the status in ST. The only conditional that will throw it off is if I arm/disarm using a combination of ST and the panel multiple times within a 30-minute period.

It’s definitely a fragile integration and certainly not ideal, but has been effective for me the over the last few days.

Is it possible to tie turning either Arm Stay or Arm Away off switches to the Disarm call? So that turning either on in ST sends the arm command, and turning either switch in ST off sends a disarm command.

I’d recommend virtual switches, that way you can customize them how you’d like. An Arm Stay VS could turn on Arm Stay when switched on and turn on Disarm when switched off. Same goes for an Arm Away VS.

Just want to mention that this is great, and something I have been hoping to get for awhile. For some reason though, I can not get the silent option to work. It still beeps the entire 30 seconds.

Did you set on the “Use Silent Arming” under the settings of the Arm Away Thing?

Yes I did, even took it off silent, set the alarm and turned it back to silent again, and get the same response

I have the same issue with not only Silent Arming not working, but the No Delay as well. Switch the on/off option does not resolve the issue. The basic Arm/Disarm does work.

I would check the live logs and see what you get there or remove and reinstall the smartapp. A side note, my silent arm does not even beep even once. @schwark mentioned that silent would beep once but mine is completely silent. I am not sure if I have done something in the panel in the past.

This is awesome! Thank you for work on this! Any way to control devices in alarm.com? Garage, thermostat, lights?

I love this app. Your work is great Mr. Schwark. I now have both Smarthings and Alexa control of my doors locks and Alarm.com system. I still cannot get the delay and silent options to work, but I am continuing to work on it. Any recommendations or tips would be appreciated. Great work!

I am live debugging this script. I have limited skills, so please be gentle. I have discovered the following:

The unmodified smartapp does not silent alarm or no delay on my Alarm.com system. I know my system has the capability as both the web access and the app from Alarm.com will arm silently with no delay.

As simple hack to the unmodified smartapp makes the silent feature work, but not the no delay feature. This hack is an edit to line 76 as follows:

private def getCommand(command=null, silent=true, nodelay=true) {

In addition to this change, you need to go into the smartphone app Arm Stay button in Things, click on the Arm Stay name – not the On or Off Button, click on the Gear/options icon in the top right corner, and switch Use No Delay to ON. Leave Use Silent Arming On as well.

I can’t for the life of my figure out why this works, but it does silent the beep after the initial two rapid beeps. I hope the author of the app returns because there is probably a good explanation.

2 Likes

added a logging line… please use updated smartapp and you should see a log line in live logging starting with "got command: " - that tells you whether the silent param is coming through correctly.

you do need to turn on silent on EACH switch preferences - arm away, arm stay and disarm for it to work on each switch (though by default they should be set to silent - true and nodelay - false).

unfortunately, I am unable to replicate the problem so I am unable to find the problem

Thank you kindly sir. I will try it out.

John

I would love to help on the silent issue, but I am unable to replicate the issue. So I am just added a bunch of new logging. Please update device type AND smartapp with this new app and send me log lines (from live loggin in your IDE) that contain: “got command”

So I did receive log files from multiple users now. Unfortunately, it looks like the params are getting passed to alarm.com correctly, but for some reason alarm.com is respecting it for me, but not you all. I have not idea why that is. The only way I can think of to fix it is to use the main web app instead of the mobile web app. Unfortunately I don’t have the time to implement that, but it needs to change the steps to use the navigations via the main web app. Someone in the community is welcome to fork my app and create a new version that uses it.

I came to that very same conclusion. I even hard coded the parameters a time or two to test my system. I was never able to eliminate the delay even though I can arm stay silent and without delay through the Alarm.com web application, the Alarm.com smartphone app and my home alarm panel. Ultimately, however, I realized that the delay is harmless. Arming the system Stay with only one beep was outstanding work and I thank you for it Schwark!

Is there any way to modify this to allow control over lights, thermostat and other such things that are registered in my alarm.com (frontpoint) system?
I know there’s an Alexa skill for it and I can control them that way…but would much rather be able to do it this way with SmartThings and configure it for use with ActionTiles.

Hello. I got the app to work correctly with all the switches. The only issue I have is that I need to check the status of the alarm system and the app does that but after you manually click refresh. Can you please show how to set up Stringify to update this status more often? Thank you for your help.