FAQ: How do I add / delete user codes on my new Schlage Connect lock?

I just bought a Schlage Connect deadbolt. I had seen somewhere (the Schlage site?) that when I have a smarthings hub I can manage it, including user codes, remotely. I had no problem adding it to the hub, and I can now lock / unlock the door. But I see no way to do anything else with it. I do see a project or two listed in the forum that might work, if I install an IDE, grab some code from github, etc. I can do that if necessary, I guess, but it’s not at all what I had in mind. I had expected it to just work. Was I misguided?

If I really do need to do a more nitty gritty installation, where should I start?

Thanks, in advance, for any help with this.

4 Likes

If you look on the official compatibility list, you will see a little letter I at the far right of the entry for the lock. When you click on that you will see that “custom keycodes are not yet supported”

https://www.smartthings.com/compatible-products

meaning that if you use only the official built-in features, you will be able to lock and unlock the Schlage, but you won’t be able to do any key code programming.

So the information is published, but you have to dig deep to find it.

There is custom code created by the community that can give you significant use of the advanced features of the lock.

Using custom code basically means you just copy and paste someone else’s code into your account. The following FAQ describes that process:

If you decide that’s something you’d like to do, you can use the quick browse links in the community-created wiki to find the lock code in the forums. Look for “locks”

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section

“Lock Code Manager” is particularly popular in the community, and I believe will do what you’re looking for. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I should also say that “IDE” usually just refers to the web interface to your account information. There is an actual “integrated development environment” simulator available there, but that’s only one of the things you’ll be able to access. You can also get To your own account’s list of devices, smart app library, etc.

So when you see people talking about the IDE, it’s not something that you have to install. It’s just a link that you go to and then sign in with your SmartThings account.

The easiest way to find it is to click on “community” at the top right of any of the forum pages, and then click on “developer tools” at the top right of the forum homepage. But that’s explained in the FAQ as well.

1 Like

Easy to use, works like a charm You can find info on this app

The actual name used within the app code is “User Lock Manager”. Keep that name in mind when you add this app via Marketplace/Smartapps/My Apps.

2 Likes

I use @RBoy’s zwave lock dth and it works great.

3 Likes

I have used both of the popular Lock Managers and really liked them. However I ended up sticking with @RBoy app because I have multiple Schlage locks and it has the option to manage both at once with the same codes. And with my Schlage it has extra features that only @RBoy device handler and app accessed.

1 Like

Here is the link to my Lock Code Manager and Enhanced DTH (optional but recommended)

3 Likes

I have the Schlage Century Connect and recently installed ‘Lock Multi User Management with Unlock Notifications, Advanced Scheduling and Automatic Lock/Unlock’ and my battery went from 98% to 0 in 4 days. I had been very excited about the app. I’m wondering now how to uninstall.

At Christmas I purchased the Schlage that works with the Apple TV which appears to have all the features being mentioned here by using a second party, but I also have the SmartThings and considering taking it back and using the Schlage Connect connected through my HUB. My question is the feature of using SIRI to unlock my door is sweet. Has anyone developed a means of using SIRI to unlock the door using the SmartThings HUB?

You should look at ifttt.com as I am willing to bet there is a way to connect siri commands to smartthings commands.