[EDGE] Moes Smart IR Remote Control

Hi Kyle,
I found this in Amazon: Smart Home Controller Remote Timing for Tuya for Zigbee Externally it is the same as mine, but I can’t guarantee you. Maybe just change the fingerprint, and that can be added to the driver.
About range, I have battery powered devices several rooms away from my hub and they work. I have the hub in an elevated position, about two meters high.
Thanks,
Javi

1 Like

I don’t know anything about fingerprints. I obviously understand the basics of what it is but how do I find the fingerprint? and if the fingerprint is different it wouldn’t work with the Javier’s driver unless I gave him the fingerprint and he added it right?

and if the fingerprint is different it wouldn’t work with the Javier’s driver unless I gave him the fingerprint and he added it right?

Correct. See the following FAQ, because it applies specifically to this situation

FAQ: Using Tuya Zigbee Devices Directly With a SmartThings/Aeotec Hub (2024)

I don’t know anything about fingerprints. I obviously understand the basics of what it is but how do I find the fingerprint?

Pretty sure I gave you the FAQs for fingerprints before, but if not, here they are:

FAQ: Manufacturer/Model Shows All Zeroes

FAQ: I have no idea what Edge is. Is that a new developer tool? (2022)

1 Like

Hi,
If you buy a similar device, maybe it could be the same but sold by a different vendor and diffrent fingerprint. You’ll be able to get the fingerprint once you get the device and install a driver that show you its fingerprint, for example, Mariano’s Thing driver.
Buying a similar device is a risk, because it may not work ever including its fingerprint in the driver, but you can buy some cheap zigbee ir blaster and try it.
Luck,
Javi

1 Like

Thanks for all your help Javier. I really appreciate it!

2 Likes

Hello, I’m trying to figure out, how to trigger (turn on/off) 2 devices together (one by one). Is there any way, how to do it? Thank you.

Hola Javier,

Firstly, thank you for this great Driver.

Is there any way to send IR off even if the Switch is already off?

This is because if I have Switch on my tv with the remonte control, there is no way to turn if off with smartthings. Likewise if I turn on tv with your Driver and turn it off with remonte, there is no way to turn tv on again with smartthings, app Thinks it’s still on.

I can view tv state with lan device monitor but dont know how to mirror this state with your Driver.

Muchas gracias y un saludo.

Luis

Hi,
Martin, I have been thinking about it. But maybe I must to add a new precondition to the driver for device selection. I’ll try to add it.
The idea is to use three routines. One for turning on the first device, then in the second one, to use the precondition “device is On” for triggering the “Device selecction” action without turn on/off/toggle. And finally, a new precondtion “device selected is some device” then turn on that device.

Luis, if you only learned one IR code for power button, when you send On or Off, the device will send that code regardless of the state of the button in the app.

Thanks,
Javi

1 Like

Hello sir… i tested a moes ir control with learning on and off. It is working well. After switch off and on the smartthings hub, it is not working automaticatly… it needs a learning on and off when turn on and off the smartthings hub

Hi,
I was testing the driver and you are right. When the hub is turned off, codes are no longer sent.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. I’ll try to fix it as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Javi.

Hi,
I was testing the driver and found some unexpected behavior in the transient store for me.
I deleted all the buttons learned and they were still there when i turn off/on the hub. I check to learn new buttons and they vanished when I turn off the hub. I saw at the console that changes on persistent_store table are not “persistent”.
I contacted Mariano (thank you very much again) and he explained that the hub flash does not update immediately with changes to the persistent_store table and gave me the link where Smartthings reports this.

https://developer.smartthings.com/docs/edge-device-drivers/device.html#device-class

Thanks,
Javi

@otivax, Excellent work on the driver first of all. Please can you answer these for me as I am planning to buy 2 of this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005230661089.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.1.19807f3821ltkG&algo_pvid=df76ce61-32ea-4953-918f-5933e99bdac0&algo_exp_id=df76ce61-32ea-4953-918f-5933e99bdac0-0&pdp_npi=4%40dis!GBP!20.00!8.40!!!175.10!73.54!%40211b61bb17148347170941960e5563!12000032357389846!sea!UK!2661488125!&curPageLogUid=s3RsKDo5lyQC&utparam-url=scene%3Asearch|query_from%3A#nav-specification

OR

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006618101257.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.pcDetailTopMoreOtherSeller.1.158b40e9UfC7Rn&gps-id=pcDetailTopMoreOtherSeller&scm=1007.40050.354490.0&scm_id=1007.40050.354490.0&scm-url=1007.40050.354490.0&pvid=a1f2095f-9e37-4396-8914-9beef30774c9&_t=gps-id:pcDetailTopMoreOtherSeller,scm-url:1007.40050.354490.0,pvid:a1f2095f-9e37-4396-8914-9beef30774c9,tpp_buckets:668%232846%238111%231996&pdp_npi=4%40dis!GBP!17.92!8.24!!!156.93!72.19!%40211b61b017148347270353055ec6ae!12000037837276126!rec!UK!2661488125!&utparam-url=scene%3ApcDetailTopMoreOtherSeller|query_from%3A#nav-description
from aliexpress to control my tower fans in both the bedroom?

1. Can I use smartthings routine to mimic the press of multiple buttons in the tower fan remote like power on, oscillation, speed setting etc.?
  2. What is the range of this IR range of this device?
  3. Can this learn multiple buttons and can I save them
  4. Does this need a usb cable for charging this device or does it work on battery?
  5. Is your edge driver complete yet?

Hi Subbu,
The second one don’t have battery, and maybe I need to add the fingerprint for that device.

1. Yes
  2. Line of sight, about 10 meters
  3. Yes
  4. The second device needs usb power.
  5. Yes, but I’ll add a new automation option someday. I need some free time.
    Thanks,
    Javi.

Moes Lists that model as having an effective control range of up to 8 m.

1 Like

Many thanks for your quick reply Javier. I will probably buy the first one that has a battery at the back. Will it be found by Alexa? Also, relating to the the first point, can I add the Remote multiple like the below in the ‘Then’ condition of the ST routine?

IF some condition

THEN

IR Remote - Turn on
IR Remote - Set the Oscillate
IR Remote - Enable Night mode
IR Remote - Set Speed 1
IR Remote - Set Speed 2
etc.

There’s only one speed button for the fan so I need to press it 2 times to set it to speed 3 as it will start with speed 1.

Thanks @JDRoberts for the screenshot, I missed it.

1 Like

Hi,
Currently, the driver can only perform one action for each condition.
Thanks,
Javi

1 Like

Noted thanks, so am I right in understanding that I should have 5 routines for the example I gave. Any plans of enabling multiple actions in the ‘Then’ condition in the near future?

It’s SmartThings routines’ limitation. If you use Rules API you can add multiple actions to same device inside one rule and you can also use waiting time (sleep) between actions.

2 Likes

Can you please let me know how to set up the Rules API?

You can start from these:

Rules | Developer Documentation | SmartThings

FAQ: Getting Started with the new Rules API - Developer Programs / Rules API - SmartThings Community

1 Like